- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
- 15 Feb 19
Columbia Threadneedle Investments is a leading global asset management group that provides a broad range of actively managed investment strategies and
Columbia Threadneedle Investments is a leading global asset management group that provides a broad range of actively managed investment strategies and solutions for individual, institutional and corporate clients around the world. With more than 2000 people including over 450 investment professionals based in North America, Europe and Asia, we manage over $400 billion of assets (as of May 2018) across developed and emerging market equities, fixed income, asset allocation solutions and alternatives. Our priority is the investment success of our clients. We know investors want strong and repeatable risk-adjusted returns and we aim to deliver this through an active and consistent investment approach that is team-based, risk-aware and performance-driven.
The Trading Analyst will report to Head of Trading and be tasked with analyzing executions, understanding market structure dynamics and high-level investment workflows. This position will work collaboratively with partners across investments; including but not limited to – data science, investment oversight, risk analysts and portfolio managers.
* Build analytical tools for global trading.
* Provide market-related insight that helps traders / Portfolio Managers identify opportunities.
* Will interact with senior traders, research partners and other internal constituents on a regular basis.
* 3-5 years of experience.
* A comfort level developing advanced quantitative tools.
* BA, BS or master’s degree that demonstrates intellectual ability and rigor.
* Strong programming background, with literacy in R and/or Python (or related languages).
* Experience working with large, complex data sets.
* Established and demonstrated work ethic and willingness to invest in their career.
* Strong organizational skills coupled with an ability to take initiative.
* A working knowledge of Excel, macro implementation and VBA or the equivalent.
* The ability to integrate and function effectively on a team that places clients first and is dedicated to sustaining excellence.
* An ability to focus and pay attention to detail in a long term sustainable manner.
* The ability to work effectively under multiple and tight deadlines.
* BA, BS or master’s degree in engineering, economics, the sciences or finance a plus.