Tier 2/3 IT Support Specialist- Trading Environment
Who we are looking for
What you will be responsible for
- Seeking a Trade Floor Support Analyst who will join a global team dedicated to supporting the trading environment for a global financial institution. The candidate should have extensive working knowledge and understanding of the Windows Operating System platforms (i.e. Windows 10, Citrix, DaaS, VDI and various other technology platforms, etc.) with ability to build, maintain and configure systems following company standards and guidelines. In this role you will communicate directly with end users, investigate, and understand issues to provide solutions / resolutions in a timely manner.
As a Trade Floor Support Analyst, you will
What we value
- Work as part of a strong team in a fast-paced trading floor environment
- Provide front line support for all trading floor environment users and devices
- Works with management team to identify hardware standards
- Perform computer hardware lifecycle upgrades as needed
- Provide support for supported business groups during all business continuity exercises
- Engage internal network, security and compliance teams to aid in problem resolution
- Develop and maintain support processes and operating procedures to meet trading group demands
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills required
- Demonstrated knowledge and accomplishment in analyzing, diagnosing, and recommending solutions for hardware and software problems as it relates to our trading environment
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills, with the ability to perform RCA where required
- Ability to be clear and concise in communication of technical information to both technical and non-technical users of all organizational levels
- Foundational knowledge of scripting languages such as PowerShell a plus
- Experience in managing large scale and multi-location projects, preferred
- Work with internal technology support teams to review and assist with problem resolution
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 5 years related work experience is required
- Knowledge and ability to support a wide variety of front/middle/back office applications in the trading floor environment including but not exclusive to the following applications: Bloomberg, Refinitiv Eikon/FXT, Fidessa, Citrix, MatLab
Travel to other office locations within Massachusetts may be required Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers