As the Technical Lead, you will support technology initiatives and ongoing development efforts for the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) business group responsible for identification, control, and reporting of operational, investment, liquidity, counterparty risk globally.
The role has a broad set of responsibilities covering application technology enhancement releases, overseeing implementations, troubleshoot and identify/ fix technical challenges, guide the team on software development cycles, collaborate with infrastructure teams to resolve issues affecting our critical applications caused by outages on network, servers and other Infrastructure components
Understanding the relationships between technology, data, operations and business areas along with knowledge in the financial markets and enterprise risk business domain will be required to build, improve, and implement robust, scalable solutions for State Street Global Advisors (SSGA).
Due to the role requirements this job needs to be performed primarily in the office with some flex work opportunities available. As Technical Lead, you will:
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Lead a global team of technology professionals in software development, engineering to deliver business prioritized projects/ enhancements for our enterprise risk management data warehouse platform
- Work with the application manager and product owner, to participate in business demand planning, prioritization and define implementation plans using the enterprise change management process
- Take ownership for delivery of assigned application enhancement releases. Identify technical components of impact, break down the implementation tasks, identify resource capacity to implement based on technical skillsets required, delegate work and assignments to team members, track the progress and escalate when necessary.
- Collaborate with the team to identify and fix technical problems, guide them through technical issues and challenges in the software development and release cycle
- Coordinate with Infrastructure support teams, resolve production issues affecting our critical applications caused by outages on network, servers and other Infrastructure components
- Comply with the corporate standards and procedures in software development and maintenance initiatives
- Help Knowledge management within team by documentation and group discussions
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Highly organized, and ability to manage multiple tasks. Good documentation skills
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong root cause analysis and complex problem-solving skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- Good and proactive communications in engaging and cooperating with internal and external teams
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work experience
- 4-7 years of professional experience in a senior developer role
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience with relational database
- Programming skills in Python/ R for data analysis, exposure to Java, J2EE and UNIX Shell scripting
- Experience with financial data and BI reporting tools
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Experience with risk data aggregation and risk reporting
- Any specific experience with data management standard methodologies, data quality controls, regional or regulatory reporting requirements is preferable
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street Global Advisors What We Do.
As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world's largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care. Our Mission.
At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street's COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.