We are currently looking for a mid-level application developer with business analysis and support experience to join our equity front office systems team. The core responsibilities will include data analysis, troubleshooting with data vendors, such as FactSet and Refinitiv, application support, infrastructure changes/upgrades, and application deployment. The role will involve managing daily/monthly data loads, overseeing AutoSys job monitoring, and job troubleshooting.
The candidate will work closely with the business researchers, as well as members of other IT groups such as infrastructure and database architecture. The role has a broad set of responsibilities and offers a great deal of exposure to various aspects of the investment research group. This is a DevOps style role with a combination of support and development. As the Tech Lead, you will:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Work with researchers in operationalizing models and arranging for job monitoring from our nightly support team
- You will troubleshoot and resolve issues with errors in our daily job cycle.
- You will work with our data quality team to ensure daily data quality reports are monitored and that issues are followed up with the vendors when necessary.
- Automate FactSet data downloads and data loads.
- Migrate jobs, and stored procedures from Netezza to Databricks.
- Develop and deploy data loaders for new market data covering different asset classes, including Equity, Fixed Income and various macro-economic time series.
- Provide support for applications during Boston business hours.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision;
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to effectively organize and communicate across functional and technical lines;
- Strong root cause analysis and complex problem solving skills;
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree is a requirement; Computer Science or Information Technology preferred.
- Financial Services background, including investment or asset management
- Good understanding of Web Architecture, Unix, ODBC/JDBC.
- More than 4 years of Experience in Java, JBoss, SQL and Scripting.
- Experience with market data applications like FactSet and Bloomberg is a plus.
- Good understanding of databases and PL/SQL Experience is crucial.
- Experience in writing scripts in shell, Python and R.
- Should be an excellent communicator, experience on communicating with global users (both written and verbal), will be preferred.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow
. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street's COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.