Tax Mgr Fiduciary Specialist
- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Boston Trust & Investement Management Company
- 30 Aug 18 2018-08-30
Job Opening: Tax Manager and Fiduciary Specialist Boston Trust & Investment Management Company is an independent, employee-owned, Massachusetts-chartered bank and trust company. The firm provides investment management and fiduciary services to institutional and individual clients, and manages approximately $8 billion in client assets.
The firm employs approximately 60 people at its office location in Boston, Massachusetts. Our client service teams are organized into two business units – “Institutional Strategies” and “Wealth & Investment Management.” We also maintain a distinct brand, Walden Asset Management, that represents our leadership in sustainable and responsible investing and active ownership strategies, including shareholder advocacy. Firm-wide, we have professionals responsible for investment strategy, securities research, shareholder advocacy, risk management, operations, client administration, marketing, information technology, finance, and human resources.
Boston Trust is seeking a Tax Manager and Fiduciary Specialist to provide day to day oversight of tax reporting for individual, foundation, pooled funds and fiduciary accounts with a focus on tax and fiduciary administrative matters. The Tax Manager will demonstrate the ability to interpret taxability under trust documents and provide guidance to staff regarding complex tax and fiduciary issues. The incumbent will manage tax vendor relationships and will ensure that vendor systems and reporting is accurate. She or he will identify and implement process improvements related to tax management, implementing regulatory risk management requirements.
- Manage tax related vendors (national accounting firms), including the preparation and filing of 1099 tax reporting, fiduciary income and other tax returns.
- Manually file tax forms and remit tax payments to various tax authorities.
- Prepare, review, correct, and input client tax information for tax systems, registers, and tax filings.
- Contribute to the oversight and management of fiduciary accounts including advising client service team members on issues related to fiduciary administration.
- Perform fiduciary account reviews, GST reviews, and ensure administrative actions, including discretionary payments are proper.
- Complete internal review and verification processes that monitor and review new accounts, closing accounts, and account and asset changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related field with a minimum of 5 years fiduciary and personal income tax experience or in lieu of a degree, 9 years relevant experience.
- Must possess strong accounting, and analytical skills, especially in fiduciary and income tax rules and regulations.
- Proficiency in Excel, tax software, and trust accounting software (SEI Trust 3000 and OneSource preferred).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Previous experience in vendor management is preferred.
Boston Trust & Investment Management Company and Walden Asset Management are committed to diversity in the workplace. We seek to create an environment where all employees’ abilities and energies are fully utilized. We believe diversity enhances our opportunity to build a high-performance culture that enables us to succeed in a competitive business. Reasonable accommodations will be made available to any applicant requesting them for the application process. Boston Trust & Investment Management Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.