At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.
What you will be responsible for: The Systems Application & Cloud Engineer II is a senior level technical resource in Windows core technologies and cloud technologies and is responsible for the implementation and effective and efficient maintenance of related systems. In addition, this individual has practical knowledge of Information Technology at large, with an understanding of related disciplines and how they interoperate. The Systems Application & Cloud Engineer II will be an active participant and contributor in implementation and troubleshooting efforts and aid in design efforts.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Serves as a subject matter resource in the field of Windows, maintaining a strong understanding of the field and its related technologies.
- Provides technical support to ensure the ongoing efficient and reliable operations of related MFS information systems.
- Proactively develops and maintains strong knowledge of MFS information systems and their related components, and makes recommendations to improve the reliability, scalability, performance, or security of these systems as appropriate.
- This includes proactive performance tuning and capacity analysis to ensure MFS is maximizing its technology investment both on premise and in the cloud.
- Leverages technology to automate manual tasks, and seeks to improve efficiency wherever practicable and appropriate.
- Aids in the development of, and enforces and maintains MFS Information Security controls, procedures, and standards
- Receives broad goals and overall objectives from management and assists in establishing and implementing the methods to attain them.
- Accountable for meeting assigned project objectives including timelines and budgeting.
- Projects are typically of moderate to advanced complexity.
- Serve as technical mentor to more junior members of the team.
- Collaborates with other IT and business groups, and readily shares information to resolve problems.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related technical field. Five or more years of related Information Technology experience.
- Subject matter knowledge in Azure related technologies and/or Office 365, with familiarity with other related Information Technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy Management, Citrix, VMWare, and Exchange environments.
- Solid understanding of Azure related technologies and management of an Azure infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Office 365 related technologies including One Drive, Teams, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online and InTune are a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, writing and organizational skills; ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to interact, built relationships, negotiate and communicate well with members of senior management (including ability to design and deliver effective presentations).
What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.