Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Core sYSTEMS ANALYST
280 Congress St, Boston
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading, technology platform.
We are seeking qualified candidates to join our evolving and expanding technology team. Together, you will not only dream up solutions to today's investment challenges, but you will build them in order to see real-life results.
Technology needs are advancing, and this level of complexity requires a highly sophisticated well-managed technology platform that is built by people like you. This is your chance to build something incredible.
This position is within our Investment Science Technology team, which is designing our next generation investor platform. We are focused solely on creating the best-in-breed tools used by our investors to conduct research and build portfolios. We build a seamless and cohesive platform across all asset classes. We want you to think big, to solve challenges, and work with our investors.
The Investment Science Technology team plays an important role in Wellington's success by providing the right environment and set off tools to support data science team and effortless research environment to investor/research analyst. We are currently seeking a strong (System Analyst) to play a key role, enhance existing quality assurance framework and build new framework as needed. Perform root cause analysis for production issues and strive to advance and sustain a world-class Data Science platform.
This position requires strong analytical skills, with a high attention to detail, and a desire to analyze and solve complex problems. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people across the organization. Excellent organization, communication, and delivery skills are required. This individual must be a team player with a desire and willingness to learn.
As a senior member of the Investment Science Technology team, this individual will have the following responsibilities:
- Engage with business partners at different levels of the organization to gather and document requirements for the RDA projects.
- Champion the needs of the business partners; act as their fiduciary
- Conduct a thorough systems analysis for business requirements and provide functional specifications with detailed use cases to the delivery team
- Work actively with the delivery team to ensure on time, scalable and high-quality business solutions
- Involve in test strategy, test plan, test design, test execution and defect tracking.
- Develop a deep understanding of internal systems and related datasets to help with solution design as well as handling support issues
- Ensure quality of product by enforcing high standards in testing and building validation controls
- Manage product releases and assist with post-release testing
- Provide hands-on analysis for support issues and assist with user training
- Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking
- 3+ years of experience in financial industry with strong understanding of data science platforms
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering is a minimum. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Experience with gathering functional requirements, developing specifications, test strategy, test plans and test executions.
- Experience with design and development of UI and API automation framework (Selenium Webdriver IO, Karate, Rest Assured)
- Experience with Cucumber BDD test automation frameworks.
- Experience to performance test automation tools like Jmeter and Gatling is preferrable
- Experience with Cloud Services (AWS) is desirable
- Hands-on experience in SQL or relational database (Postgress, Aurora) is desirable
- Experience with working on Anaconda distribution (specifically with Jupyter Notebooks/Jupyter labs) is a plus
- Experience with JIRA, Wiki, Postman, Visio, Excel and GIT
- Hands-on experience with SQL, TypeScript and Python (or another programming language) is highly desirable
- CFA or working towards CFA is a strong plus.
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem skills.
- Demonstrate strong client focus and relationship management skills.
- Willingness to work independently in an energetic, fast-paced, business-critical and team oriented-environment. Committed to deliver project on time and overcome obstacles.
- A strong team player, with ability to work in collaboration across teams.
- Strategic mindset; strong work ethic
- Intellectual curiosity and interest to learn independently and from peers
Systems Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .