Sustainability Content Writer
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
The Sustainability Strategy team conducts research, develops MFS's views and delivers in depth analysis, insight, thought leadership and consulting on sustainable investing. The work may be related to any/all client segments, and will engage with teams externally and internally within MFS.
As a member of the team, the content writer plays a critical role in clearly and consistently messaging our sustainable investment process to the marketplace. The writer is expected to work closely with senior members of the team to develop and maintain content, as well as contribute towards MFS's thought leadership via client ready presentations, white papers, web, conference presentations and responses to client inquiries. Principal responsibilities:
- Partner with SMEs to develop and continuously evolve MFS's sustainability messaging.
- Be the primary source for assisting other MFS teams (new business, investment, relationship management and product teams) when responding to queries on sustainability at MFS.
- Create and develop presentations, whitepapers and client oriented collateral material related to Sustainable Investing. Requirements may include project based work, compilation of existing data, research and analysis of new data, trend analysis and presentation creation.
- Collect and analyze data to support various technically-oriented projects. Leveraging problem- solving techniques and critical thinking in order to draw conclusions and develop client-ready presentations will be expected.
- Assist as an analytical source for queries pertaining to Sustainable Investing, including the MFS' job descriptions reflect management's assignment of essential functions, which may be subject to change at any time due to constantly changing business needs.
- analysis of industry trends and investment themes, and staying abreast of client preferences and behavior across the globe.
- Work in close collaboration with senior members across Distribution and Investment in researching and analyzing topics and presentations that showcase the firm's investment insight and approach to sustainability.
- Contribute in developing and delivering training on sustainable investing topics to internal and external teams. Contribute to the development of training tools (i.e. Allego), white papers and discussion guides to enhance MFS's distribution expertise and dialog with clients. Responsible for maintaining relevant resources and materials in a central repository.
- Collect, analyze and maintain data from industry conferences, consultants, academia and third party data sources. Proactively communicating relevant findings and identifying opportunities for consideration will be critical.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree required; Progress towards CFA, MBA or other Masters' degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 + years' financial services with experience in one or more of the following required: asset manager, OCIO, plan sponsor or investment consulting.
- Demonstrate excellent written and communication skills, with the ability to distill complex topics into simple and actionable messages required. Ability to think critically through issues and present possible solutions is required.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of quantitative tools and techniques, with the ability to perform quantitative analysis required. Demonstrate a desire to develop a deep understanding and comfort level with technical subject matter related to all asset classes and global capital markets.
- Ability and willingness to create written responses in multiple formats, as well as presentations and discussion guides efficiently is required.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a member of a team comprised of highly qualified and technically oriented investment experts.
- Prior experience of working with new business teams is preferred.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office is required. Willingness to develop expertise with the following tools is required: Factset, Optimization software, BARRA, Bloomberg, Morningstar, SharePoint.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively and manage multiple tasks simultaneously within tight deadlines.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."