Summer Intern - Macro Research Team
BNP Paribas Asset Management is the investment management arm of BNP Paribas, one of the world's major financial institutions. Managing and advising EUR 565 billion in assets as at 31 March 2019, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers a comprehensive range of active, passive and quantitative investment solutions covering a broad spectrum of asset classes and regions. With close to 600 investment professionals and 500 client servicing specialists, BNP Paribas Asset Management serves individual, corporate and institutional investors in 75 countries around the world. Since 2002, BNP Paribas Asset Management has been a major player in sustainable and responsible investing. Role Description and purpose
We have an excellent internship opportunity with the Macro Research team in our Boston office. This individual will review academic case studies of a select group of companies and conduct a peer industry review of aforementioned companies. Key Responsibilities
Key Internal Relationships Internal
- Work with portfolio managers and other analysts to collect and interpret data. Help to identify to specific themes based on information that is collected.
- Ad hoc responsibilities may include researching company/industry fundamentals, providing financial and market data, and/or financial statement modeling.
- A primary objective of the internship would be to conduct fundamental analysis on companies within a selected industry.
Macro Research team External
No direct relationships Qualifications Role requirements : qualifications & experience
Essential skills / competencies (Technical / Behavioral / Leadership)
- Candidate should be pursuing a PhD in industrial economics or business or M.B.A.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Analytical skills: Identifies all aspects of a subject and examines them in a critical way to construct a broad point of view. Individual is driven by the desire to know more about things, peoples or events.
- Accuracy: Constantly attentive to the precision and thoroughness of the information sent and to the quality of the work; ensures that errors are minimized.
- Communication skills: Expresses his / her messages, both orally and in writing, in an effective, organized way, which is appropriate to the audience being addressed.
- Ability to Summarize: Identifies and presents key information. Gives his / her point of view by structuring and summing up all useful elements.
- Organizational Skills: Sets priorities, plans actions and methodically monitors their progress by coordinating activities and resources in the best way possible.
- Teamwork: Knows how to work in a team and/or across teams, acts bearing common interests and respect for fellow team members.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.