Strategy Director, Non-Profit,Education
Strategy Director - Not-For-Profit & Higher Education Grant Thornton 2/14/2020 8:03:41 AM JOB ID: 046264 Specialty: Boston, Massachusetts
Our Strategy practice provides consulting services spanning domains that include finance, marketing, sales, operations, and information technology. Our Not-for-Profit & Higher Education Strategy professionals bring a tailored approach to help develop and operationalize strategies to scale and create specific tactics that trigger transformation. With deep industry experience and extensive knowledge of organizational functions and priorities, our teams align organization’s people, processes and technology across functions, to optimize performance from strategy to execution. Within the Strategy practice you might be involved in:
Customer & Growth Strategy
This position can be located in New York City/Iselin, NJ, Boston, Philadelphia, and/or Washington, DC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Director or Senior Manager, you will develop a broad base of industry and functional knowledge while managing significantly larger and more complex aspects of our engagements. You will work closely with clients to dive deep into their issues, create strategic recommendations, develop persuasive presentations, and implement change. You will collaborate with others to make contributions to our firm as a leader, performance coach, and thought leader.
Additional responsibilities may include:
· Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management
· Utilize previous consulting and industry experience to help companies set and achieve their long term goals.
· Perform accurate analysis and design effective solutions to a variety of client issues
· Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership material
· Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work
· Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services
· Work closely with Grant Thornton managers and partners to promptly identify and resolve client problems or issues
· Access Grant Thornton’s global network to bring the best experience to bear
· Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence
· Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews
· Motivate others to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the services delivered
· Interview campus and/or experienced candidates
· Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization)
· Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree required. A Master’s degree is a plus. MBA preferred.
10+ years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function servicing cross-industry clients at a national level. Will also consider other consulting experiences (including in-house)
Relevant experience working with nonprofits, higher education institutions, and/or other mission-oriented organizations required
Must demonstrate strength in or a desire to build skills related to Grant Thornton’s core values of: Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
Deep knowledge of not-for-profit sector strategy, operational, and cultural attributes required
Ability to travel 75% of the time is required
Must be able to perform quantitative and qualitative research and analysis; must possess deep familiarity with primary and secondary research techniques.
Must be able to produce persuasive, simple, and clear story lines, slides, and other output relevant to audiences of all levels; must have a point of view and be able to express and defend it; must be able to effectively organize and lead client meetings.
Must be able to quickly establish credibility and trust with clients and colleagues.
Must be able to design, manage, and execute an independent work plan with the input of your Engagement Manager and team members.
Must be intellectually curious and motivated to develop professionally, including being an active participant in developing firm methodologies and/or professional certifications.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit http://www.gt.com/.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenue in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices across the United States with more than 590 partners and 8,500+ employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly and privately held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Requisition ID: 046264
Equal Employment Opportunity: It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Copyright Grant Thornton. All rights reserved.