Sr. Trading Support Associate
At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. What you will be responsible for:
Utilizes strong investment and operational industry knowledge to provide operational support to the trading/investment department. As a global team, Trade Support is responsible for the trading systems' data integrity, order entry monitoring, trade date matching, internal & external reporting, preparation of documentation and execution of internal control reviews that mitigate process risk. Using knowledge and experience, Trading Associate (TA) acts to fulfill these responsibilities across their assigned desks.
- Performs trade date matching of fixed income and derivative trades utilizing CTM, Heliograph, and other industry applications. Working with various US and Non-US brokers, matches MFS trade details with the counterparty on trade date.
- Handles all inquiries into the trading desk from sell side broker operations and sales offices, MFS Operations (trade settlements, pricing, and performance groups) and MFS Compliance.
- Ensures data integrity within the trading/investment systems. Uses attention to detail and daily audit reports to ensure all data entered into the investment systems is complete, timely and accurate.
- Support the preparation of Director of Trading reporting and other risk mitigation reporting packages on a daily, monthly, quarterly and semiannual basis. Uses industry knowledge and understanding of commission reporting and daily trading system data audit reporting to identify, rectify, and escalate, data anomalies.
- Communicates unique properties of fixed income and derivative instruments. Includes working with other internal teams at MFS to ensure account readiness and mapping within MFS' trading systems are complete and accurate.
- Maintains order-entry user access in the trading platform for all investment personnel ensuring proper approvals and documentation are obtained to mitigate the risk of entering orders for unauthorized portfolios.
- Works closely with internal technology teams on enhancements to the current workflow including, but not limited to, risk mitigation reporting. Has a familiarity with applications, such as Tableau, that could provide enhancements to our current spreadsheet or reporting creation process.
- Monitors a variety of system checks to ensure the accuracy of data within the Trading and accounting systems to minimize risk of using erroneous information during any step of the investment process.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 4 years financial services experience and/or 1-2 years in a trading type environment preferred.
- Specific investment management front office knowledge preferred.
- Familiarity with high grade fixed income instruments and derivatives preferred.
- Knowledge of Charles River Trading Systems, or similar trading platform functionality preferred.
- Knowledge of electronic trade date matching using CTM or similar industry trade matching platform preferred.
- Familiarity with Tableau and/or other data visualization software a plus.
- Familiarity with Python and/or other coding application software a plus.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Personal initiative/problem solving skills.
- Ability to cover off-hour shifts when needed
#LI-HYBRID What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.