Sr Trading Associate - Derivatives
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
Utilizes strong investment and operational industry knowledge to provide operational support to the trading/investment department. As a global team, Trade Support is responsible for the trading systems' data integrity, order entry monitoring, trade date matching, internal & external reporting, preparation of documentation and execution of internal control reviews that mitigate process risk. Using knowledge and experience, Trading Associate (TA) acts to fulfill these responsibilities across their assigned desks.
- Performs trade date matching of derivative trades utilizing MarkitWire, DTCC, ICE Link, Heliograph, and other industry applications. Ensures long form derivative confirms are accurate and executed in a timely manner.
- Handles all inquiries into the trading desk from sell side broker operations and sales offices, MFS Operations (trade settlements, pricing, and performance groups) and MFS Compliance.
- Ensures data integrity within the trading/investment systems. Uses attention to detail and daily audit reports to ensure all data entered into the investment systems is complete, timely and accurate.
- Prepares Director of Trading reporting and other risk mitigation reporting packages on a daily, monthly, quarterly and semiannual basis. Uses industry knowledge and understanding of commission reporting and daily trading system data audit reporting to identify, rectify, and escalate, data anomalies.
- Communicates unique properties of derivative instruments. Includes working with other internal teams at MFS to ensure account readiness and mapping within MFS' trading systems are complete and accurate.
- Maintains order-entry user access in the trading platform for all investment personnel ensuring proper approvals and documentation are obtained to mitigate the risk of entering orders for unauthorized portfolios.
- Works closely with internal technology teams on enhancements to the current workflow including, but not limited to, risk mitigation reporting. Has a familiarity with applications, such as Tableau, that could provide enhancements to our current spreadsheet or reporting creation process.
- Monitors a variety of system checks to ensure the accuracy of data within the trading and accounting systems to minimize risk of using erroneous information during any step of the investment process.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 4 years Financial Services experience OR 2 years in a trading environment required.
- Specific investment management front office knowledge.
- Proficient in Charles River Trading Systems, or similar trading platform functionality.
- Proficient in the valuation and confirmation of a variety of derivative products including credit, rate, and total return swaps, futures, and options, both cleared and OTC.
- Familiarity with Tableau and/or other data visualization software a plus.
- Familiarity with Python and/or other coding application software a plus.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Personal initiative/problem solving skills.
- Ability to cover off-hour shifts when needed
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."