Sr. Trade Management Specialist
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description BASIC PURPOSE:
The Investment Operations Settlements Team is responsible for the timely settlement of all transactions traded by our Equity, Fixed Income, and Foreign Exchange trading desks. The Senior Trade Management Specialist partners with other teams within the Global Technology Investment Support Department and other teams across the organization. The role includes daily interaction with MFS counterparties and custodians to support the entire trade lifecycle. The Senior Trade Management Specialist will leverage their expertise in investment operations to help enhance processes and procedures that will bring efficiencies to the team and firm as a whole.
- Works closely with Front /Middle office, custodians and counterparties to identify and resolve settlement issues.
- Monitors and resolves unmatched transactions and trade discrepancies for both security and Foreign Exchanges.
- Communicates with counterparties to expedite timely settlement of Equity Fixed Income, Foreign Exchanges, derivatives and Money Market trades.
- Works closely together with the Trade processing team to ensure the timely settlement of TBA transactions and cash flows.
- Monitors trade exception reporting and completes domestic trade affirmation
- Handles special projects for team and helps direct Supervisor/Manager monitor overall team performance
- Identifies opportunities to leverage technology in order to streamline manual processes.
- Updates and maintains accurate static data for new and existing accounts in internal systems as well as third party applications
- Ensures that operating procedures are current and that the team adheres to department standards, as well as client and regulatory requirements
- Trains new employees on departmental function and MFS functions
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 5 years industry experience
- Intermediate knowledge of financial transaction processing, settlements and corporate actions concepts
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to learn and master all inventory, accounting, and trading systems
- Ability to provide exceptional client service to internal and external contacts.
- Superior communication, organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to consistently perform in a time sensitive environment with multiple daily deadlines
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking and problem solving skills are essential
- Experience with Bloomberg, Fiserv Trade Flow, CLS, Trade Nexus, CTM and SWIFT Messaging preferred but not necessary.
- General knowledge of international Markets and their different settlement guidelines preferred.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."