Sr. Systems Analyst - Investor Engagement
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- The Resource Collaborative
- 30 Apr 19
Tracing our roots to 1928, our client is one of the world’s largest independent investment management firms. With US$1 trillion in assets under management as of April 30, 2018 we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients.
The Investor Engagement team plays a critical role in the firm's success by providing continuous support and solutions to the firm's globally located investors across Asset Allocation, Commodities, Equity, Fixed Income, Macro Analysis and Risk Management.
This is an opportunity for a strong Sr. Systems Analyst to play a key role in this large team, deliver solutions to our business partners, solve complex problems, and generally act to ensure that service levels within this area are maintained at a high level.
- Interact directly with investment professionals at all levels of the organization as a trusted advisor.
- Proactively identify issues and opportunities for improved methods and approaches to support investment processes.
- Answer functional and technical questions from business partners and colleagues.
- Manage production incidents, determining root cause, appropriate corrective actions & follow-up.
- Respond to requests from the business for adhoc analysis as well as other information delivery solutions.
- Provide guidance and supervision of junior members of the team as well as onshore and offshore consultants.
- Design, support, improve, and develop data validation and productivity tools and processes within this area.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics, Finance or related subject
- 5+ years business analysis or systems analysis experience in financial statement analysis, investment management or financial services environment
- Analytical and problem solving skills in buy-side investment management systems and data technologies.
- Understanding of financial instruments such as stocks, bonds, swaps, options, futures, forwards, derivatives and FX.
- Hands-on experience working directly with investment professionals.
- Experience with advanced investment data concepts such as holdings, transactions, security master, analytics, and performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- High attention to detail and strong commitment to delivering quality, professional work is absolutely essential for this position.
- Experience with SQL is a plus.
- Willingness and ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced, business-critical environment.