Sr. Product Manager - Product Development
The Sr. Product Manager for Product Development is responsible for the development of new products and the enhancement of existing products and services. Successful execution of this position requires strong relationships with key business partners including distribution, investment product management, investment operations, marketing, legal & compliance, finance and technology. Responsibilities
• Support identifying and documenting the business opportunity, high level product design, customer experience, operational impact, and project resources required.
• Support the definition of business requirements related to new investment products and services including product features, investment structure, rep training, and client experience.
• Analyze and evaluate competitors' investment offerings and market share data. Conduct strategic, marketplace, or other necessary analysis and coordinate & present business case proposals to management.
• Partner with distribution to understand product opportunities from a Financial Advisor servicing perspective. Leverage industry and competitive knowledge identify solutions to fill gaps.
• Partner with Legal and Compliance organizations to identify risks and mitigating controls in support of product.
• Work with key members across the Operations and Trading organizations to ensure all aspects of transacting, reconciliation, reporting, and other key functions align with internal functionality and are consistent with industry norms.
• Partner with Marketing in order to support the development of sales collateral, including fact sheets presentations, and internal training documents. Additionally, work closely with Distribution in order to support launch strategy within various distribution platforms and firms.
• Communicate the status of product and service deliverables concisely and effectively to all levels of management throughout lifecycle of projects.
• As required, this individual will work with internal partners to drive new strategic product initiatives through various ad hoc projects. Required Qualifications
• College degree
• Previous experience working with financial advisors and/or Institutional investors.
• Ability to collaborate with, influence and lead across the organization to drive results.
• Strong problem-solving skills using data to identify trends, challenges and solutions.
• Strong interpersonal and organization skills including the ability to manage by influence and build relationships at all organization levels.
• Project management skills including project planning, status and issue management.
• Excellent communication skills including proposal/presentation development and delivery, and meeting facilitation.
• Series 7 (or SIE and Series 7 top off exam) and 66 (or 63 & 65 combined) or the ability to obtain within a defined period of time. Preferred Qualifications
• A solid understanding of types of investment product structures offered by Columbia.