Sr Data Integrity Analyst
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description BASIC PURPOSE:
The Global Data Group is an organization that maintains security master data, security pricing and Portfolio data that is used in the Investment Process throughout MFS. The team ensures data integrity of all security master elements, including indicative and pricing elements and provides operational support and oversight of all security reference data and portfolio data for MFS. The Senior Data Integrity Analyst ensures the integrity of all of the data associated within the investment process, represents the group in projects, and acts as a subject matter expert for all security and portfolio reference matters. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the setup and the review of all security types on company's core inventory system and trading systems, ensuring all data is entered accurately to avoid the potential for trade errors or operational loss. Recommends improvements to internal controls, procedures and workflows.
- Collaborates with additional operational teams to ensure all portfolios are established across multiple inventory and trading systems to prepare for new portfolio fundings. Point of contact for various business partners including Trading, Portfolio Management and Compliance to manage complex queries regarding setups. Works closely with business partners to troubleshoot any potential issues as they may arise during projects and day to day production issues.
- Managing numerous projects, uses acumen and experience to make independent decisions during project development, and act as subject matter expert during projects, escalating issues to higher management levels when necessary.
- Offers subject matter expertise to all junior team members and business partners regarding all security reference data used in the investment process, as well as pricing and portfolio data attributes.
- Has a deep mastery of inventory and trading systems such as Eagle, Bloomberg, Charles River Investment Management System.
- Acts as Data Steward and Data Trustee within Data Governance organization by providing definitions, usage requirements and general guidance on security and portfolio related data elements.
- Working independently, analyzes issues and reconciliation breaks to determine reason for complex errors and takes appropriate action for resolution. Communicates all data issues to business partners in real time, as well as more formal communications up to senior level committees and DGO team.
- Compiles metrics and management updates related to quality, volumes and rejections for daily, weekly and monthly reporting. Assists in coordinating both internal and external audits as well as creating and maintaining Data Integrity KPI, KRI and metrics.
- Coordinates with external vendors and/or internal technology personnel to design and implement new processes while identifying ways to improve current procedures. Provides the team with the professional standards required of the team, assists in interpreting new rules and regulations and recommends training accordingly.
- Monitors vendor feeds that contain security master related data that are key to the nightly pricing process and effectively identifies issues that could lead to potential errors.
- Collaborates with additional teams throughout MFS that consume the security master data, portfolio data and security pricing data to ensure that information flows consistently across platforms and addresses and corrects issues as necessary.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or math-related field. (work completed towards a Master's degree or CFA a plus)
- Minimum 4-6 years Fund Accounting or related Mutual Fund Operations industry experience.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Products, especially Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment
- Good business judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations while maintaining a professional approach to problem solving.
- Familiarity with different security types (Equity ,Fixed Income and Currency); with some derivatives experience preferred
- Familiarity with Eagle Investment Systems, Bloomberg, Charles River Investment Management System and Collibra preferred.
- Ability to work 11-7 shift and flexibility to cover 3rd shift when necessary.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."