Sr Business Intelligence Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
This role is responsible for collaborating with the Competitive Intelligence, Marketing Analytics, and Sales Analytics teams to deliver business value through creating, maintaining, and presenting actionable client data insights, as well as overseeing the continued development of our Client Platform data strategy. This includes project management of client data technology initiatives, development of business analytics reporting, and the actionable insights that will allow client facing individuals across the Client Platform to more effectively address the needs of clients, prospects, and consultants - while also providing digestible data and actionable information internally, so leaders across the firm can make more-informed decisions and better set priorities This role will also be responsible for working with IT to continually update available data sets and ensure the data environment contains accurate and relevant data. The candidate should be passionate about reporting and analytics, data analysis techniques, and data maintenance. They should have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, reporting and analytics tools, and building and implementing models, with an aptitude to drive business results with data-driven insights. A strong level of comfort working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams will be critical to success in this role. The right candidate will have a strong passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes. RESPONSIBILITIES
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Partner with Competitive Intelligence, Information Technology, Marketing Analytics, Sales Analytics, and other teams across the firm to oversee the data architecture required to create an integrated client/prospect/consultant data environment that drives effective analytics.
- Create valuable client/prospect/consultant insights and related business tools through the aggregation, manipulation, and dissemination of broad sets of data
- Work closely with colleagues across the Client Platform to ensure that insights and tools are leveraged in a practical/actionable way
- Assist in capturing requirements for the development of management reporting and work with other teams to turn those requirements into solutions.
- Provide support to members of the Client Platform for questions regarding data and provide ad hoc querying support for data analysis by various client groups.
- Play a lead role on defining and implementing the data strategy alongside Competitive Intelligence, Information Technology, Marketing Analytics, & Sales Analytics
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in a business- or technology-related field of study. A Master's Degree or CFA is considered a plus.
- 3-7 years of experience in asset management particularly with client/prospect/consultant data analysis.
- Proficient understanding of sales process within the institutional asset management industry.
- A high technical capability, such as a proficiency in SQL and relational database concepts, competent with analytical tools such as R, Python and visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Proactively and intellectually curious, self-sufficient professional able to convey complex ideas and datasets to actionable uses for CRM, reporting, and business analytics.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), facilitation, and social/EQ skills, with the ability to clearly communicate across all levels.
- An agile mindset that can look "horizontally" across the platform's teams to identify opportunities for increased synergy and more impactful collaborative outcomes
- Active learner and listener who is continuously eager to acquire new skills to succeed in a dynamic evolving environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently while managing multiple projects, assignments, and responsibilities.
- Demonstrating strong business acumen (e.g., comfort dealing with ambiguity, outcome-oriented with demonstrated drive for results) with strong attention to detail and quality while keeping larger goals in mind.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, and deliver high quality, well-reviewed work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.Strong fit with the firm's cultural tenets of inclusivity, collaboration, accountability, and collegiality.
Sr Business Intelligence Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .