Sr Associate Mutual Fund Processing
Monitor the daily work in the Broker/Dealer team to ensure that industry standard service levels are met. Liaison with SS&C (DST) and the Providence Call Center. Process and quality controls Large Trade Notificaitions. Interact with other Managers and Departments to assist in the implementation of new processes and continuing improvements to meet company goals. Assist with the Financial Intermediary Oversight program. Work closely with NQR to ensure reviews are completed in a timely manner. Responsibilities
- Monitor and delegate the daily work for the team to ensure that standards of service are met. Utilize administrative and management functions in AWD and other reporting to manipulate activities, queues, and tasks for the timely completion of work. Quality controls outgoing correspondence and financial transactions to ensure accuracy.
- Act as the primary resource for team members when they are faced with questions and issues. Assist with the monitoring and reporting of system related problems.
- Act as a liaison with DST and the Providence Call Center. Offer support on operational topics to Strategic Relations, Sales, vendors, and other Departments within Columbia Management.
- Monitor complex or sensitive requests and issues to ensure accurate and timely completion/resolution.
- Assist with problems, decisions, and additional responsibilities in the Team Manager's absence.
- Inform Upper Management of volumes, trends, and training needs noted in the completion of the team's daily work
About Our Company
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- 3 years of mutual fund processing or phone experience.
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.