Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of the Trading
Technology team, this individual will have the following responsibilities:
- Design and develop practical technical solutions to solve business problems.
- Develop a deep understanding of internal systems and related datasets to help with solution design, implementation, and support
- Help refine architecture and build out supporting infrastructure for rollout of new capabilities.
- Ensure quality of product by adhering to high standards of code quality.
- Manage product releases and assist with post-release support.
- Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking.
- 2+ years of experience in analysis, design, and development of technological systems.
- Hands-on experience Java programming language is required.
- A Bachelor's degree.
- Experience is building or supporting transactional and messaging based application.
- Has a good understanding of design patterns.
- Experience with design and development using frameworks such as Spring or other technologies like Messaging (ActiveMQ).
- Experience with integration and unit testing frameworks (JUnit) is desirable.
- Hands-on experience in SQL or other relational database technologies is desirable.
- Experience with source control tools such as Git and Bitbucket.
Beneficial Technical Skills
These are qualifications that would be helpful for the position but are not firm requirements.
- Experience architecting on and deploying solutions to Amazon Web Services or a similar cloud platform.
- Fullstack development experience using ReactJS.
- Experience in working on microservice architecture application.
- Knowledge and understanding of the financial industry, including Fixed Income, Equity, FX and Derivative instruments.
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem skills.
- Willingness to work independently in an energetic, fast-paced, business-critical and team oriented-environment.
- Commitment to deliver project on time and overcome obstacles.
- Ability to collaborate across teams as a strong team player.
- Ability to work with colleagues across the firm from varying technical backgrounds and abilities.
- Strategic mindset; strong work ethic.
- Intellectual curiosity and interest to learn independently and from peers.
Software Engineer LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .