You are passionate about understanding users' needs and building creative solutions to help meet those needs. You are highly motivated and love working on complex problems. You are a skilled full-stack developer with strong design, development, collaboration and influencing skills. You have a love for technology challenges and helping teams deliver business critical items.
If you are an experienced Software Engineer with a passion for delivering innovative products and services, a career in Asset Management Technology may be right for you! The Team
You will be a part of the Engineering team that is responsible for developing and supporting applications that help our Portfolio Managers and Research Analysts around the globe make good investment decisions. The full stack developer is a hands-on role with responsibility for designing and developing software as well as solving key technical challenges across all tiers of the application.
The team you will be working with is highly engaged and passionate about solving problems faced by Portfolio Managers and Research Analysts. We are committed to evolving our agile software development process and incorporating the newest technologies and practices. We are moving towards continuous delivery using modern technologies like Angular, Redux, Ionic, responsive CSS frameworks, AWS, Solr, and others. The Expertise You Have
The Skills You Bring
- BS or higher education in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Full stack developer with hands-on experience building all components of scalable enterprise applications
- Front end web development using responsive frameworks like Angular/React
- Middle tier service development with strong API design skills (Java preferred)
- Experience with relational database development (Oracle preferred)
- Exposure to native mobile application development across any mobile OS platform is a plus
- Exposure to machine learning techniques, recommender systems, search engines (Solr or Elastic) and/or text analytics is a plus
The Value You Deliver
- You have strong technical design, development and analysis skills
- You have the ability to quickly acquire new skills
- You have strong problem solving ability
- You have excellent communication skills, both through written and verbal channels
- You have the desire to take the initiative, with a view to continually making our product, processes and team better
- You have excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple teams across the organization
- Designing, building and helping to support mission critical applications that meet business needs
- Defining product solutions by working directly with business and product teams
- Actively promoting good engineering practices and standards
- Navigating new technologies like text analytics, machine learning, cloud-based applications, etc. to help deliver high value to our business
- Keeping abreast of the latest engineering trends and practices and bringing them back to the team when appropriate
- Spearheading solving of critical problems and resolving technical roadblocks across technologies
- Improving our craft of software engineering
How Your Work Impacts
Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services, and offers investment management, retirement planning, brokerage, human resources and benefits outsourcing services to individuals and institutions. Asset Management Technology (AMT) provides worldwide technology and support to all the Investment Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. AMT is an integral partner in delivering innovative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools that enable Fidelity's Asset Management team to achieve competitive advantage globally.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. Certifications: Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to complete the application or interview process. Please email us at email@example.com or 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2 if you would like to request an accommodation.