- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Acadian Asset
- 29 Nov 17 2017-11-29
This position has development and maintenance responsibility for the software programs, databases and processes associated with our core business systems. This would include support for a broad range of applications such as accounting, performance measurement, marketing and client service reporting platforms. The position provides exposure to many business units in a dynamic investment management firm. The software engineer will work closely with other IT team members of varying disciplines to meet stated objectives.
- Work on a delivery team to enhance and support software applications
- Maintain, enhance, and develop new database objects
- Maintain, enhance, and develop data interfaces and ETL processes for applications
- Maintain, enhance, and develop internal and external facing reports
- Investigate and resolve issues impacting our production environment
- Work collaboratively within IT and various business units across the firm
- B.S. in computer science or related field; 0-3 years’ experience. Internship experience and relevant coursework in business/finance a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern software design principles, concepts, and practices.
- Knowledge/experience with the Microsoft Technology Stack (e.g. ASP.NET, C#); Demonstrated knowledge of other programming languages a plus.
- Knowledge/experience with relational database fundamentals, experience with Microsoft SQL Server a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile Methodology (e.g. Scrum, Kanban).
- Must be detail oriented with outstanding analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent teamwork and consensus building skills.