Senior or Lead Software Engineer
- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 24 Sep 18 2018-09-24
Senior or Lead Software Engineer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Title: Senior or Lead Software Engineer Team: Information Technology (IT) Location: Boston/Marlborough ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... The Company
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$1 trillion in assets under management as of April 30, 2018 we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions.
The world is full of fascinating questions. In this role, you will have the opportunity to create technology to answer impactful questions about the future of companies, economies, financial markets, new technologies, and changing industries. These insights to benefit thousands of retirees, savers and institutions who are counting on us to make prudent financial decisions on their behalf. Our work allows clients to fulfill their long-term financial goals - whether it's a foundation seeking to fund cutting edge medical research or a retired teacher saving for their grandchild's college tuition. As a member of our top notch technology team, you will implement creative research methods, access industry-leading data and experts, and collaborate with colleagues from around the world to achieve these insights on behalf of our clients.
Specifically, we are seeking qualified candidates to join our Investment core technology team. We are building out an entirely new platform for our investors and you will be working on it from the beginning. This platform leverages the best of breed technologies including AWS, React, and Node. You will provide technology to the firm's talented community of investors, pursuing projects from idea generation and prototyping, to validation and production. You will be faced with compelling investment challenges and encouraged to solve problems through the use of innovative techniques. You will work with and learn from exceptional investment professionals through cross-platform, data driven projects and assignments. Ongoing training and development will be provided to further develop and hone your quantitative and fundamental skillset.
- Ability to work effectively throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle to deliver business solutions
- Partner with in-house application and data architects while implementing systems requirements.
- Analyze business requirements, provide technical architecture, design, and manage overall delivery
- Research and evaluate in-house tools and vendor products against the requirements to propose recommendations for build vs. buy
- Design, prototype and author code for software components and applications based on functional specification and optimize them for system performance.
- Work closely with both onshore and offshore development team members with regards to iteration planning, release planning, and work prioritization
- Partner with application/data architects as well as other application teams to implement solutions and ensure effective integration with downstream systems.
- Active participation in the development of business requirements for new capabilities, including a close working relationship with users.
- A contributor to Wellington's technical community helping to define the direction for Architecture, development tools, delivery processes and other SDLC disciplines.
- Responsible for code quality and assurance by focusing on static code analysis, unit testing, design and code reviews, continuous integration, release management, performance tuning and execution
- Assist with quality assurance testing
- Stay up to date on latest technology trends
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Developer with solid accomplishments
- Proven leadership & ability to work independently
- Strong sense of good software design and ability to start components from scratch
- Strong delivery focus and ability to proactively overcome obstacles
- Excellent written and verbal communication with strong follow through skills.
- Attention to detail, self-discipline and passion to drive and innovate
- Knowledge of any of the following technologies is a strong plus:
- Python / Pandas
- AWS (EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, S3, Athena, Lambda)
- SQL / NoSQL
- WebServices and Data Formats
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, engineering, math, or related field is a plus
- Financial Services background is a plus
Senior or Lead Software Engineer
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .