Senior Wintel Engineer
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description BASIC PURPOSE :
The Senior Wintel Engineer is a senior technical resource in Windows and is responsible for the implementation and effective and efficient maintenance of related technologies. In addition, this individual has advanced knowledge of Information Technology at large, with an understanding of related disciplines and how they interoperate. The Senior Wintel Engineer is responsible for leading implementation and troubleshooting efforts and aiding in design efforts. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Serves as senior subject matter expert in the field of Windows, maintaining a strong understanding of the field and its related technologies.
- Provides technical support to ensure the ongoing efficient and reliable operations of related MFS information systems, escalating more complex issues to a senior team member or Manager.
- Proactively develops and maintains strong knowledge of MFS information systems and their related components, and makes recommendations to improve the reliability, scalability, performance, or security of these systems as appropriate, including proactive performance tuning and capacity analysis to ensure MFS is maximizing its technology investment.
- Leverages technology to automate manual tasks, and seeks to improve efficiency wherever practicable and appropriate.
- Develops, enforces and maintains MFS Information Security controls, procedures, and standards.
- Receives broad goals and overall objectives from management and assists in establishing and implementing the methods to attain them.
- Accountable for meeting assigned project objectives including timelines and budgeting. Works on the most complex projects and provides innovative suggestions for solutions.
- Serves as technical mentor to other members of the team.
- Provides installation, maintenance, advanced troubleshooting and on-going support for Windows, VMware ESX, VDI.
- Takes a lead role in proposing and implementing system changes and upgrades including version upgrades, drivers, firmware, patching, etc.
- Ensures monitoring is conducted in a timely, accurate and efficient manner that allows for proactive intervention by the appropriate IT support organizations once an actionable event has been detected.
- Provide third tier support for all client-related issues related to the supported environment.
- Collaborates with other IT and business groups, readily sharing information with others.
- Performs additional duties as required
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related technical field. Seven or more years of related Information Technology experience. Strong subject matter expertise in the field, with familiarity with other related Information Technologies. Knowledge of server hardware and all related components.
- Knowledge of various automated build processes.
- Knowledge of enterprise monitoring concepts and or solutions
- Proficient with the use of Remedy Service Desk, Change Management and Problem Management modules and processes.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, writing, ad organizational skills; ability to work effectively under pressure. Able to work flexible hours, may have to work nights and weekends.
- Able to be part of an on-call rotation, approximately every 7 weeks.
- Demonstrated ability to interact, communicate, build relationships, and negotiate well with members of team and senior management (including the ability to design and deliver effective presentations).
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."