FEDERAL RESERVE BANK of BOSTON
Senior Vice President, Strategic Bank Services (SBS)
This position is responsible for leading a high performing, collaborative division of key corporate functions including strategy, enterprise risk management, communications, government relations, human resources, corporate affairs, and business continuity. This position is required to champion numerous Bank-wide change management initiatives and ensure that SBS corporate functions are positioned to serve as strategic business partners that provide expert, consultative advice to internal Bank customers and senior management. This position is a member of the Banks Executive Committee and contributes at the highest level on Bank and System initiatives. This position requires the executive presence, relationship management, and communication skills to represent the Bank at the System level and with external constituents and organizations.
Demonstrate subject matter expertise
1. Human Resources: Guide human resources policies and programs to ensure the Bank is an employer of choice with a high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, accountability, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior, diverse workforce.
2. Communications: Oversee the development and execution of a comprehensive strategy that utilizes a variety of channels including social media to enhance communications both internally within the Bank and externally among members of the media, government officials, and the public at large. Increase public understanding of the mission of the Boston Fed and the Federal Reserve System, support the Banks president and other spokespersons, provide counsel on the communications component of crisis management efforts, and advise how to position issues of interest both internally and externally.
3. Strategic Planning: Lead the Banks rolling strategic planning process and collaborate with other members of the Banks Executive Committee to effectively capitalize on the Banks strengths and identify opportunities to advance the Banks reputation as a thought leader and increase its impact in New England and across the Federal Reserve System.
4. Enterprise Risk Management: Enhance, execute and lead a comprehensive program to identify, assess, monitor and manage the risks that could interfere with the Bank's goals, objectives, and/or reputation.
5. Business Continuity: Successfully coordinate the Banks crisis management planning to protect employees and maintain the continuity of critical operations and services.
6. Corporate Affairs: Oversee the Banks Corporate Affairs function and participate in the identification and recruitment of diverse candidates for the board of directors who broadly represent the demographics, industries and geography in the First Federal Reserve District.
Exhibit strong leadership capabilities
7. Lead and oversee the achievement of strategic objectives, employees, and budgets of the Corporate Strategy & Risk; Corporate Communications; Human Resources; and Corporate Affairs Departments. Mentor, guide and coach direct reports in order to expand their capabilities and ensure management depth (succession) within the Bank and the System.
8. In conjunction with the other members of the Banks Executive Committee, support, communicate, and reinforce the mission, vision, strategic high priority objectives, policies, values, and culture of the Bank and the Federal Reserve System.
Visible, influential leader in the Bank, System and Community
9. Participate fully in Bankwide activities, effectively represent the Bank at the System level, and be recognized as an industry leader in the community in order to further the reputation of the Bank as a thought leader.
Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is responsible for the supervision, direction, training, and development of professional positions at the officer and staff levels.
What You Bring:
Knowledge and experience normally acquired through, or equivalent to, the completion of a masters degree, and a minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible experience in the banking, financial services, or other relevant industry/ specialty area, including at least 10 years of management experience.
Other Qualifications, Attributes, and Competencies:
? Experience leading a dynamic workforce involved in varied and complex challenges.
? Ability to adapt to a rapidly evolving environment and generate effective and innovative solutions to address change.
? Proven record of dealing successfully with ambiguity and exhibiting strong business acumen and judgment.
? Demonstrated ability to develop a clear vision for the future while simultaneously identifying shorter-term actions that ultimately support achievement of the vision.
? Outstanding and persuasive verbal and written communication skills that effectively reach all levels of the System and the Bank.
? Ability to lead through influence rather than direct authority.
? Proven inspirational, collaborative leadership style that generates engagement and support.
? High degree of emotional intelligence. Accurate self-awareness and an ability to effectively read people and situations.
? Proven ability to prioritize, reprioritize; agility to manage competing and sometimes conflicting priorities while driving for results.
? Proactive expansion of technical knowledge on an ongoing basis in order to identify trends impacting the Bank and the System.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, level of work and the requirements of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.