Senior UI/UX Engineer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading, technology platform.
We are seeking qualified candidates to join our evolving and expanding technology team. On our team, you will not only dream up solutions to today's investment challenges, but you will build them in order to see real-life results.
Technology needs are advancing, and this level of complexity requires a highly sophisticated well-managed technology platform that is built by people like you. This is your chance to build something incredible.
This position is within our Investment Science Technology team, which is creating our next generation data science platform. We are focused solely on creating the best-in-breed tools used by our investors to conduct research and analyze investments. We build tools used by a variety of teams across the firm, from Industry Analysts to our Quantitative group. We want you to think big, to solve challenges, and work with our investors.
The Investment Science Technology team plays a critical role in Wellington's success by providing the right tools to support mission critical investment workflow. We are currently seeking a strong software engineer to play a key role in delivering solutions to our business partners, solving complex problems, and striving to advance and sustain a world-class Data Science platform.
This position requires strong analytical skills, with a high attention to detail, and a desire to analyze and solve complex problems. Successful team members are self-starters with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people across the organization. Excellent organization, communication, and delivery skills are required. Applicants must be team players with a desire and willingness to learn.
As a member of the Investment Science
Technology team, this individual will have the following responsibilities:
- Design and develop practical technical solutions to business problems.
- Recommend system designs and incrementally improve maintainability and functionality
- Develop a deep understanding of internal applications, systems and related datasets to help with solution design, implementation, and support
- Help refine architecture and build out user-facing applications and supporting infrastructure for rollout of new capabilities
- Ensure quality of product by adhering to high standards in testing and code quality.
- Manage product releases and assist with post-release testing
- Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking
- 5+ years of experience in analysis, design, and development of technological systems.
- Experience with gathering functional requirements, developing specifications, test plans and test executions.
- Experience with design and development using server-side web frameworks such as FastAPI, Flask, Django (or other related technologies).
- Experience with design and development using modern client-side web frameworks such as React, Angular or Vue.
- Experience with integration and unit testing frameworks.
- Hands-on experience in SQL or other relational database technologies is desirable.
- Experience with source control tools such as Git and Bitbucket.
- Experience architecting on and deploying solutions to Amazon Web Services or a similar cloud platform is preferred.
- Experience with project management and documentation tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
Beneficial Technical Skills
These are qualifications that would be helpful for the position but are not firm requirements.
- Experience with user interface and user experience design.
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field.
- Knowledge and understanding of the financial industry, including Fixed Income, Equity, FX and Derivative instruments.
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem skills.
- Willingness to work independently in an energetic, fast-paced, business-critical and team oriented-environment.
- Commitment to deliver project on time and overcome obstacles.
- Ability to collaborate across teams as a strong team player.
- Ability to work with colleagues across the firm from varying technical backgrounds and abilities.
- Strategic mindset; strong work ethic
- Intellectual curiosity and interest to learn independently and from peers.
Senior UI/UX Engineer LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .