Senior Systems Analyst, Portfolio Services
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
At Wellington Management you will continually learn, develop, and expand your skills. As part of an inclusive culture, you will meet smart, progressive individuals who will challenge you to solve problems, anticipate our clients' needs, and enhance our technology platforms.
This position is for a Senior Analyst role in the Portfolio Services department.
The role requires a high level of direct interaction with business users and excellent communication and delivery skills. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Analyst to join a strong, collaborative team in a role focusing on functional and technical analysis with advancement opportunities. The application suite for this Portfolio Services technology team includes the following areas: cash management, corporate actions, custodian reconciliation, transfer agent processing amongst many others. The Senior Analyst will collaborate with a team of 5 full-time employees as well as 10+ development and QA consultants that are working out of both in and offshore locations. In this role, participation is expected in all development activities in order to successfully deploy new systems and enhancements, and work with a diverse set of cross-functional teams to design, develop and implement solutions.
This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization.
We are looking for change agents, creative, innovative and focused on continuous improvements. R esponsibilities:
- Collaborate with business and technical partners at all levels of the organization to: define, analyze and document requirements
- Develop a strong partnership with the delivery team to ensure on time, scalable and high quality business solutions
- Act as an escalation point person for support issues that require detailed analysis and management
- Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking
- Coordinate with team members to execute test plans and provide support during user acceptance testing
- Ensure quality of product by enforcing high standards in testing and building controls
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an Analyst role in the financial services industry
- Minimum 3 years of experience with data analysis
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related field required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong client relationship skills and proven ability to build consensus. Experience working directly with business partners to understand their needs and deliver solutions that meet those needs
- Experience writing requirements, functional specifications, use cases, and test plans
- Creative, innovative and focused on continuous improvements
- Self-motivated and willing to work in an energetic, fast-paced team environment
- Experience in relational database technologies is desirable
- Experience with cloud-based technologies is desirable
Senior Systems Analyst, Portfolio Services JOB FAMILY
Systems Analysis LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .