Top Financial Services Firm in Boston with excellent growth potential! Please apply and share your resume! Our client is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$1 trillion in assets under management, they serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Their innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies.
Full Time Opportunity - NO C2C
The Investor Engagement team plays a critical role in the firm's success by engaging with their portfolio managers and analysts (investors) to provide day-to-day support for their investment processes.
This is a hybrid role with analysis, quantitative, data science, and development aspects. Initially, daily activities will include application and reports support, data analysis, requirements gathering, and user training. You will be key in maintaining high levels of service to the investors. Over time, you will become more integrated with one or more fundamental investment teams and have a more direct impact on the investment process by complementing the art of investing with science.
You will work within a community of other scientific investors and resources in the firm's Investment Science Department (comprised of risk managers, data scientists, quantitative investors, microstructure and derivatives experts) to bring a spectrum of scientific insights to your teams' investment processes and philosophies. For example, you may work with PMs to improve capital allocation and other portfolio construction decisions by building risk models and other analytical tools; analyzing and proposing optimal hedging strategies where appropriate.
While this role is located in Radnor,PA., you will get to work on issues/solutions with globally located investors across Asset Allocation, Commodities, Equity, Fixed Income, Macro Analysis and Risk Management.
- Engage directly with Radnor investors to resolve problems, answer functional and data questions, provide training for new tools, and become a trusted advisor.
- Respond to investors' requests for ad-hoc analysis, data extracts, and reports.
- Proactively identify issues and opportunities for improving the investor' workflows.
- Manage production incidents, determining root cause, appropriate corrective actions, and follow-up.
- Assist the broader (ex-Radnor) Investor Engagement team with various investor requests.
- Develop new models, custom analytics, and technologies that enhance the investment process and the investment team's productivity.
- Generate investment insights/ideas from scientific research on both traditional & alternative data sets.
- Educate and inspire fundamental investors to better understand and incorporate scientific insights.
- Bachelor'sdegree inComputer Science, Business, Economics, Finance, Statisticsor related subjects.
- Strong understanding of the investment management process, with hands-on experience supporting and working directly with investment management professionals.
- Understanding of financial instruments such as stocks, bonds, swaps, options, futures, forwards, derivatives and FX.
- Experience with advanced investment data concepts such as holdings, transactions, security master, analytics, and performance.
- Strong hands-on technical skills; fluency with one or more languages like Python, R, Spark, Java, C++/C#.
- Experience with relational database technologies with strong SQL programming skills.
- Experience with statistical inference and data science; training in machine learning or natural language processing a plus.
- Experience working with probability, statistics, time-series and cross-sectional analysis a plus.
- Expertise with software frameworks supporting scientific computing, data management and mathematical optimization (e.g.. R, Pandas, Matlab, etc) a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- High attention to detail and strong commitment to delivering quality, professional work is absolutely essential for this position.
- Willingness and ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced, business-critical environment.