Senior Systems Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading, technology platform. We are seeking qualified candidates to join our evolving and expanding technology team. Together, you will not only dream up solutions to today's investment challenges, but you will build them to see real-life results. Technology needs are advancing, and this level of complexity requires a highly sophisticated well-managed technology platform that is built by people like you. This is your chance to build something incredible. We are focused solely on creating the best-in-breed tools used by our investors to conduct research and build portfolios. We build a seamless and cohesive platform across all asset classes. We want you to think big, to solve challenges, and positively impact our clients.
We are currently seeking a strong Senior Systems Analyst
to join our Trading Technology Team
, and will play a key role, deliver solutions to our business partners, solve complex problems, and strive to advance and sustain a world-class platform. This position requires strong analytical skills, with a high attention to detail, and a desire to analyze and solve complex problems. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people across the organization. Excellent organization, communication, and delivery skills are required. This individual must be a team player with a desire and willingness to learn. You will work with and learn from exceptional investment, trading, and operations professionals through cross-platform, data driven projects and assignments. Ongoing training and development will be provided to further develop and hone your quantitative and fundamental skillset.
- Interact directly with trading business partners at all levels of the organization to define, analyze, and document requirements, as well as set priorities for order management systems (OMS) workflows and other auxiliary trading applications
- Act as a champion and trusted advisor for the needs of the trading business partners
- Act as primary interface for different trading vendors and brokers/dealers for onboarding and certification testing
- Collaborate with global software developers, database architects, vendors, and other IT and business teams to analyze and determine functional specifications and design for new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Develop a strong partnership with the delivery team to ensure on time, scalable, and high-quality business solutions
- Ensure quality of product by enforcing high standards in testing and building audit/validation controls
- Act as an escalation point person for support issues that require detailed analysis and management
- Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong client relationship skills and proven ability to build consensus
- Experience working directly with business partners to understand their needs and deliver solutions that meet those needs
- Experience writing requirements, functional specifications, use cases, and test plans
- Self-motivated and willing to work in an energetic, fast paced team environment
- Hands-on knowledge of SQL, or another relational database technology
- Experience in a systems role supporting investment or trading professionals
- Knowledge of Trading Technology, order management systems (OMS) workflows or asset class specific trading practices and protocols, FIX Trading Protocol is a plus
- A strong team player, with ability to work in collaboration across teams
- Intellectual curiosity and interest to learn independently and from peers
Research shows that men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60%
of the criteria. Yet, women and other people who are systematically marginalized tend to only apply if they meet every requirement. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply.
We are dedicated to considering a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. SKILLS JOB TITLE
Senior Systems Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .