Senior Systems Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
Keys to the Position
1. 4+ years of experience in delivering and supporting applications in a multi-platform dependency environment
2. 3+ years of Systems Analysis and documenting Business requirements
3. Strong technology background is a must with ability to debug and analyze REST api and platform services
4. Prior experience in Seismic platform or similar content automation domain is a plus
5. Ability to code in Python or NodeJS is a plus
6. Work from Boston and travel to Marlborough as needed.
This position is within our Client and Fund Technology team, which is focused on our client-facing technology. Our solutions are used not only by clients, but also by our Relationship Managers, Investment Directors, and Client Service Managers. The team uses off-the-shelf and proprietary solutions to create flexible and robust solutions.
We are seeking a systems analyst with 4 plus years of experience, with key capabilities being strategic thinking, analytical rigor, communication skills, organization, and problem solving. As member of the team, this individual will be responsible for collaborating and delivering complex solutions for Content Automation and workflows to meet the needs of our Sales & Marketing, Client Servicing, Product Management and Fund Management teams. The candidate will be responsible for gathering requirements, identifying report layouts/component and data needs, facilitate discussions on platform dependencies, and systems analysis. The candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to assimilate technical and business concepts quickly, and manage multiple competing priorities. The role requires a well-rounded and experienced individual, who can work well with stakeholders in the Client Platform to build consensus on vision and then follow-through on delivery.
- Collaborate with business partners to identify and document Content Automation and Reporting requirements
- Perform due diligence on requirements, translate into components/layouts and identify if components can be reused verses new.
- Work with upstream data and service providers to Identify dependencies and data gaps,
- Understand and respond to functional and technical enquires on Client Deliverables & Automation components
- Available for support and resolving production issues during quarter-end reporting and follow-up with corrective measures
- Run the delivery team stand-ups, manage risk and issue logs, and resource allocations for multiple projects
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics, Finance or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst and/or Software Developer with solid accomplishments
- Strong background in using REST api and parsing JSON structures.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience within the financial industry and understanding of the asset management business is a strong plus
- Experience working in SAAS platform is a plus
- Planning and analysis experience following a standardized methodology such as Agile
- Knowledge in one or more of the following technologies used in our platforms is added advantage: NodeJS; Java; Python; AWS
- Strategic mindset; strong work ethic
- Willingness and ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced business-critical environment
- Track-record of working with business stakeholders, engineers, analysts, and infrastructure teams to complete and deliver projects
- Experience in core project managements skills including plan development, risk and budget management, team building and leadership, is a plus
- Proven ability to support multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with large-scale complex technical projects a plus
- Experience working in the investment management, or a financial services environment is a plus
Senior Systems Analyst LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .