Senior Systems Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Title: Senior Systems analyst
Team: PRIVATE Investment Technology
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$1 trillion in assets under management, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including: equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies.
As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions.
At Wellington Management you will continually learn, develop, and expand your skills. As part of an inclusive culture, you will meet smart, progressive individuals who will challenge you to solve problems, anticipate our clients' needs, and enhance our technology platforms.
This position is for a Senior Analyst role in the Private Investment Systems team which is part of the Portfolio Data & Administration Technology group. The role requires a high level of direct interaction with business users and excellent communication and delivery skills. This is a great opportunity for an Analyst with Private Fund experience to join a strong, collaborative team in a role focusing on functional and technical analysis with advancement opportunities.
The Private Investment Systems team is responsible for providing solutions that meet the firms growing Private Investment business. This team is charged with implementing a Private Investment Platform leveraging a 3rd party tool (Dynamo) that will support the end-to-end lifecycle of Wellington's Private Funds. Members of the team play critical roles in our firm's success by providing technology solutions which improve the quality, speed, and efficiency of a highly complex industry with a sophisticated client base. It is our strong belief that the tools being developed by the Private Investment Systems team will differentiate us from our competitors in the financial industry.
In this role, participation is expected in all development activities to successfully deploy new systems and enhancements, and work with a diverse set of cross-functional teams to design, develop and implement solutions. We are looking for a resource that can gather requirements from stakeholders across the firm and turn them into conceptual plans to address the needs of a new Private fund launch. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization. We are looking for change agents, creative, innovative and focused on continuous improvements.
- Collaborate with business and technical partners at all levels of the organization to: define, analyze and document requirements around new Private Funds (Private Equity, Credit, Real Estate, Climate, etc…)
- Gather high-level requirements from across the firm on how to manage a Private Fund and come up with a conceptual plan to address all facets of the Fund's lifecycle (Launch to Close)
- Work with the delivery team to create timely, scalable and high-quality business solutions
- Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking
- Coordinate with team members to execute test plans and provide support during user acceptance testing
- Ensure quality of product by enforcing high standards in testing and building controls
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an Analyst role in the financial services industry
- Experience working directly as a Systems Analyst supporting Private Funds (Equity, Credit, Real Estate, Climate, etc…) is a must
- Experience building views, dashboards and reports using Tableau or Microsoft Power BI is a desirable
- Experience working with the Dynamo Alternative Platform is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with utilizing analytical and problem-solving skills
- Client relationship skills and ability to build consensus
- Experience writing requirements, functional specifications, use cases, and test plans
- Creative, innovative and focused on continuous improvements
- Self-motivated and willing to work in an energetic, fast-paced team environment
- Experience in relational database technologies is desirable
Senior Systems Analyst LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .