Senior Systems Analyst
- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 26 Apr 18 2018-04-26
Senior Systems Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
At Wellington Management you will continually learn, develop, and expand your skills. As part of an inclusive culture, you will meet smart, progressive individuals who will challenge you to solve problems, anticipate our clients' needs, and enhance our proprietary systems and platforms. This position will be primarily focused on building out our investment strategy platform across all asset classes.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Systems Analyst to join a strong, collaborative team in a role focusing on analysis with leadership and advancement opportunities. The individual will be responsible for requirements, systems analysis, testing, and project management.
This position requires a high level of direct interaction with business users and excellent communication and delivery skills. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization.
- Interact directly with business partners at all levels of the organization to define, analyze and document requirements for a multi-asset class investment strategy platform
- Act as a champion for the needs of the business partners and a trusted advisor
- Develop a strong partnership with the delivery team (including IBOR, accounting, performance and portfolio construction) to ensure on time, scalable and high quality business solutions
- Provide input into system design to help the programming teams define effort and implementation schedules
- Ensure quality of product by enforcing high standards in testing and building audit/validation controls
- Act as an escalation point person for support issues that require detailed analysis and management
- Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics, Finance or related subject
- 5+ years business analysis or systems analysis experience in financial statement analysis, investment management or financial services environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong client relationship skills and proven ability to build consensus. Experience working directly with business partners to understand their needs and deliver solutions that meet those needs.
- Experience writing requirements, functional specifications, use cases, and test plans
- Change agent, creative, innovative and focused on continuous improvements
- Analytical and problem solving skills in buy-side investment management systems and data technologies.
- Understanding of financial instruments such as stocks, bonds, swaps, options, futures, forwards, derivatives and FX.
- Experience with advanced investment data concepts such as holdings, transactions, security master, analytics, and performance.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of investors workflows in areas of analysis and portfolio construction
- High attention to detail and strong commitment to delivering quality, professional work is absolutely essential for this position.
- Hands-on knowledge of SQL and relational database technology
- Willingness and ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced, business-critical environment.
- CFA Institute Claritas Certificate, CFA Charter or progress towards one considered an asset
Senior Systems Analyst
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .