Senior Specialist, Immigration
1073 Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Senior Specialist, U.S. Immigration Job Location US-MA-Boston
Job ID 2020-4711
Posted Date 1/28/2021
Category Human Resources
Type Regular Full-Time Location : Location US-MA-Boston
WHAT MAKES US A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We are proud to be as one of the world's best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor's list for the last 12 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for .
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
As a member of the Global Immigration team you will will lead U.S. immigration programs and ensure we are able to hire and retain foreign national talent in the U.S. They will work with HR, Recruiting and Mobility to provide an exceptional experience to new hires and existing employees. They will serve as the main point of contact for foreign nationals, HR and Recruiting to provide practical guidance on both nonimmigrant and immigrant situations, as well as manage all U.S. nonimmigrant and immigrant process for new hires and current employees. Additionally, they will ensure timely filing of all required applications and visas and collaborate with leadership to develop immigration policies and practices. Candidate should have a high-level customer service focus.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Act as primary point of contact for candidates, employees, Recruiting, and Human Resources for various aspects of U.S. immigration, including work permits and permanent residency
- Provide practical guidance to employees and answer questions regarding travel, visa status, sponsorship requirements and implications of job changes
- Work to continually improve and communicate processes, policies, procedures and answer immigration related questions to all stakeholders, including HR Managers, Program Managers, Recruiting and external and internal counsel
- Conduct impact assessment and propose solution to changes in regulations affecting foreign nationals’ ability to work in the U.S.
- Work closely with recruiting staff and provide work sponsorship eligibility assessment; providing advice to resolve immigration challenges through the hiring process
- Partner with external immigration counsel to initiate and ensure all U.S. immigration cases are filed accurately and timely while leveraging their knowledge and administration of our programs
- Oversee Bain’s U.S. permanent residence sponsorship program for eligible employees
- Review all applications and filings for accuracy (both immigrant and nonimmigrant). Serve as the signatory on all petitions and applications, and work with external counsel on all other paperwork (e.g. RFEs, etc.) as necessary.
- Coordinate with Global Mobility on incoming transfers to the U.S. and visa requirements
- Create and maintain Public Access Files and PERM recruitment files.
- Provide guidance to local offices to ensure compliance with I-9 and E-Verify legal requirements for foreign nationals in the U.S.
- Track information for metrics and reporting as necessary.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an immigration paralegal, human resources immigration specialist or immigration case management coordinator
- Working knowledge of U.S. immigration regulations
- Experience managing permanent residence processes
- Knowledge of F-1 student visas and Optional Practical Training
- Strong customer service focus
- Meticulous attention to detail necessary
- Ability to work independently and as an integral member of a team
- Highly motivated; self-starter
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and deal with highly confidential information
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) is required
Irrespective of an individual’s specific background, the successful candidate will be:
- Collaborative – someone who knows how to work with and through others to drive results and make change happen, as well is customer service orientated
- Entrepreneurial, proactive, and productive - someone who knows how to prioritize what needs to be done and rallies colleagues to get things accomplished; “roll up the sleeves” type of attitude
- Bright – both insightful and creative, with strong problem-solving skills and pragmatic, with a practical, “real-world” sense of what is actually “do-able”. Possesses an affinity for data-driven insights to make decisions, and able to harness knowledge and expertise of the best content to support the Practice
- Articulate and compelling in his/her oral and written communication skills; engaging and concise – with interpersonal “presence”; adaptable across executive, technical and Bain audiences
- Energetic, with drive, enthusiasm, and natural skills in relationship development; well-connected, with an extensive network of potentially relevant relationships
- Inspirational Leadership - track record of managing high-performing, service-oriented team members, motivating and developing colleagues above and below their own tenure
- A great colleague and teammate - passionate about the task at hand and fun to be around; someone with whom Bainies and clients go out of their way to work
Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world’s most ambitious change makers define the future. Across 59 offices in 37 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition and redefine industries. We complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster and more enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest over $1 billion in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise and insight to organizations tackling today’s urgent challenges in education, racial and social equity, economic development and the environment. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients. We proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry, and our clients have outperformed the stock market 4-to-1
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS