Senior Software Engineer (Java, Spring, AWS)
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
This position is within our Client and Fund Technology team, which is focused on our client-facing technology. Our solutions are used not only by clients, but also by our Relationship Managers, Investment Directors, and Client Service Managers. The team uses off-the-shelf and proprietary solutions in order to create agile and robust solutions. As member of the team, this individual will be responsible for designing and delivering complex technical solutions to meet the needs of our Sales, Client Servicing, and Product Management teams.
We are seeking a strong Senior Software Engineer, who can contribute to the defining of solutions with a development team of permanent employees and consultants with an onshore/offshore model.
Solutions focus around client report generation and delivery, management of content, and workflow management/automation. The candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to assimilate technical concepts quickly, manage multiple competing priorities and communicate and coordinate effectively across all levels of the firm. We are seeking a systems engineer with 3 plus years of experience, with strong application development background through the full software development lifecycle, preferably in an agile environment.
Responsibilities Specific responsibilities include:
- Strong understanding of Fixed Income, Derivative, Equity instruments and analytic systems and data of an Institutional Client Service/Reporting environment is a strong plus for this role
- This individual should have the technical proficiency in a cross-technology production environment and should be adept in writing SQL commands and navigating relational databases to resolve investment data issues
- Track, execute, resolve, and report on support and enhancement requests, in a timely and thorough manner
- Provide requirements for strategic reporting solutions for the firm's Clients and Prospects
- Create strong business relationships with the Client Servicing and Product Management business teams
- Resolve periodic production support issues as they arise
- Create cross functional relationships with other members of the Client and Fund Technology team
- Make recommendations that lead to efficiency related opportunities and outcomes
- Identify potential new technical solutions and or approaches for the client reporting team
- 5+ yrs. of enterprise application development
- Proven track record of managing technical platforms and products
- 5+ yrs. experience programming with a Java EE framework (Struts, Spring etc.)
- Experience building solutions on the Salesforce or AWS platforms is a plus
- Extensive understanding of OO design and programming, building MVC structured applications
- Experience with common front end technologies including modern JS libraries and CSS
- Strong background working with Oracle or any other relational database
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics or Computer Science
- A strong plus, experience building solutions with AWS technologies including EC2, SNS/SQS, S3, RDS, CloudWatch, Lambda etc.
- Salesforce development experience is a plus
Senior Software Engineer (Java, Spring, AWS) JOB FAMILY
Systems Administration LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .