Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack Developer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
At Wellington Management you will continually learn, develop, and expand your skills. As part of an inclusive culture, you will meet smart, progressive individuals who will challenge you to solve problems, anticipate our clients' needs, and enhance our technology platforms.
This is a great opportunity to join a strong, collaborative team in a role focusing on software development with advancement opportunities.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for design, architecture, development as well as the maintenance of applications. Examples of the team's application suite include our: Cash Management Platform and Custodian Reconciliation systems. The Engineer will collaborate with a team of 5 full-time employees as well as 10+ development and QA consultants that are working out of both in on and offshore locations. In this role, participation is expected in all development activities in order to successfully deploy new systems and enhancements, and work with a diverse set of cross-functional teams to design, develop and implement solutions.
This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization.
We are looking for change agents, creative, innovative and focused on continuous improvements.
- Work with other Software Engineers to design and implement application features, including user interfaces, and business functionality enhancements
- Work with business partners, Project Managers, and Systems Analysts to review business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans
- Design, prototype and code new software components and applications based on functional specifications
- Modify and enhance existing systems to incorporate new functionality and to optimize them for performance and scalability
- Participate in architecture, design, implementation, deployment, and support
- Coordinate with team members to execute test plans and provide support during user acceptance testing
- Ensure quality of product by enforcing established architectural/technology standards
- Author technical design and support documentation
- Provide production support
- 5+ years of proven analysis and technical design, development, and architecture experience
- Experience in relational database technologies like Oracle, MySQL, and Postgres
- Experience with Perl, Python, and UNIX/Linux desirable
- Experience supporting critical production applications
- Willing to work in an energetic, fast-paced, and team-oriented environment and handle multiple conflicting priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write technical documentation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline required
Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack Developer JOB FAMILY
Software Engineering LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .