Senior Software Engineer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading, technology platform. We are seeking qualified candidates to join our evolving and expanding technology team. Together, you will not only dream up solutions to today's investment challenges, but you will build them to see real-life results. Technology needs are advancing, and this level of complexity requires a highly sophisticated well-managed technology platform that is built by people like you. This is your chance to build something incredible. We are focused solely on creating the best-in-breed tools used by our investors to conduct research and build portfolios. We build a seamless and cohesive platform across all asset classes. We want you to think big, to solve challenges, and positively impact our clients.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Software Engineer
position to support our Investment Strategy group. The group is responsible for multi-manager, multi-asset, and custom solutions, managing various outcome oriented, factor, alternative risk premia, and thematic portfolios on behalf of clients. The team also provides bespoke research and advice across various topics such as asset allocation, fundamental factors, thematic investing, and manager research. Our portfolio construction process involves allocations across equities, bonds, rates, currencies, and commodities, on a global basis, using both derivatives and physical securities. This position also requires a high level of collaboration and interaction with our other technology partners across the department. They will be responsible for designing and developing a wide variety of technology, from data analytics, web services, and visualization tools. Additionally, the candidate will also assist various investors with their own projects by providing hands-on coding assistance and promoting coding best practices.
- Work with business teams, project managers, and systems analysts to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans
- Design, prototype, and code new software components and applications based on functional specifications across the full stack - services, web and mobile clients, infrastructure, and back-end
- Coordinate with analyst teams and vendors to execute test plans and provide support during user acceptance testing
- Modify and enhance existing systems to incorporate new functionality and to optimize them for performance
- Ensure the adherence to established code-quality standards within the development and QA teams, such as Continuous Integration, Code Reviews, and all required release documentation
- Author technical design and support documentation
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications?
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing web applications and services using Python and other relevant enterprise technologies (e.g., Java, .Net)
- Familiarity with developing web applications using REST, HTML5, CSS, and modern UI frameworks such as Angular and React
- Experience with, and a demonstrated understanding of, modern software development and testing methodologies such as Artifactory, GIT, and Jenkins CI
- Experience developing application with cloud technologies, such as AWS desired
- Ability to understand in-house applications and highly complex and interrelated systems and processing
- Experience with various software development methodologies, such as Agile
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability and willingness to work in an energetic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities effectively
- Ability and willingness to work effectively in a business-critical production environment
Research shows that men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60%
of the criteria. Yet, women and other people who are systematically marginalized tend to only apply if they meet every requirement. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply.
We are dedicated to considering a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. SKILLS JOB TITLE
Senior Software Engineer LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .