Senior Software Engineer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading, technology platform.
We are seeking qualified candidates to join our Trading technology team. On our team, you will not only dream up solutions to today's trader challenges, but you will build them to see real-life results.
Technology needs are advancing, and this level of complexity requires a highly sophisticated well-managed Trading platform that is built by people like you. This is your chance to work on something incredible.
This position is within our Trading Technology team, which enhances & support the trading platform. We are focused on building new functionalities and enhancing our platform to meet future trading needs. We want you to think big, to solve challenges, and work with our Traders.
The Trading Technology team plays a critical role in Wellington's success by providing Trading platform for the Traders to execute orders in timely manner in the market & Brokers. We are currently seeking a strong Senior Software Engineer to play a key role in delivering solutions to our business partners, solving complex problems, and striving to advance and sustain a world-class Trading platform.
This position requires strong technical skills, with a high attention to detail, and a desire to analyze and solve complex problems. Successful team members are self-starters with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people across the organization. Excellent organization, communication, and delivery skills are required. Applicants must be team players with a desire and willingness to learn.
As a member of the Trading
Technology team, this individual will have the following responsibilities:
- Design and develop practical technical solutions to solve business problems.
- Develop a deep understanding of internal systems and related datasets to help with solution design, implementation, and support
- Help refine architecture and build out supporting infrastructure for rollout of new capabilities.
- Ensure quality of product by adhering to high standards of code quality.
- Manage product releases and assist with post-release support.
- Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking.
- 8+ years of experience in analysis, design, and development of technological systems.
- Hands-on experience Java programming language is required.
- A Bachelor's degree.
- Experience is building or supporting transactional and messaging based application.
- AWS experience.
- Has a good understanding of design patterns.
- Experience with design and development using frameworks such as Spring or other technologies like Messaging (ActiveMQ).
- Experience with integration and unit testing frameworks (JUnit) is desirable.
- Hands-on experience in SQL or other relational database technologies is desirable.
- Experience with source control tools such as Git and Bitbucket.
Beneficial Technical Skills
These are qualifications that would be helpful for the position but are not firm requirements.
- Experience architecting on and deploying solutions to Amazon Web Services or a similar cloud platform.
- Fullstack development experience using ReactJS.
- Experience in working on microservice architecture application.
- Knowledge and understanding of the financial industry, including Fixed Income, Equity, FX and Derivative instruments.
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem skills.
- Willingness to work independently in an energetic, fast-paced, business-critical and team oriented-environment.
- Commitment to deliver project on time and overcome obstacles.
- Ability to collaborate across teams as a strong team player.
- Ability to work with colleagues across the firm from varying technical backgrounds and abilities.
- Strategic mindset; strong work ethic.
- Intellectual curiosity and interest to learn independently and from peers.
Senior Software Engineer LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .