Senior Software Engineer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of the Investment Science
Technology team, this individual will have the following responsibilities:
- Design and develop practical technical solutions to business problems.
- Recommend system designs and incrementally improve maintainability and functionality
- Develop a deep understanding of internal applications, systems and related datasets to help with solution design, implementation, and support
- Help refine architecture and build out user-facing applications and supporting infrastructure for rollout of new capabilities
- Ensure quality of product by adhering to high standards in testing and code quality.
- Manage product releases and assist with post-release testing
- Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- 5+ years of experience in analysis, design, and development of technological systems.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with gathering functional requirements, developing specifications, test plans and test executions.
- Experience with design and development using server-side web frameworks such as FastAPI, Flask, Django (or other related technologies).
- Experience with design and development using client-side web frameworks such as React, Angular or Vue.
- Experience with Python package development and management, or similar experience with library maintenance in other languages.
- Experience with integration and unit testing frameworks (pytest, cucumber, jest) is desirable.
- Hands-on experience in SQL or other relational database technologies is desirable.
- Experience with source control tools such as Git and Bitbucket.
- Experience architecting on and deploying solutions to Amazon Web Services or a similar cloud platform.
- Experience with project management, and documentation tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and Sphinx.
Senior Software Engineer LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .