Senior Software Engineer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, MOSAIC INVESTMENT STRATEGY
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$1 trillion in assets under management as of June 30, 2017, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 55 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
We are seeking qualified candidates to join our Mosaic Investment Strategy team. This Senior Software Engineer will join a team of analysts and engineers that work very closely with our Alternative Market Premia Strategies investment team. You will be responsible for developing and supporting the core platform used to make daily investment decisions based on algorithms and analysis of complex data sets. You will work with and learn from exceptional investment professionals through cross-platform, data driven projects and be exposed to their idea generation process.
The individual will provide technology to the firm's talented community of investors, pursuing projects from idea generation & prototyping, to validation and production, with encouragement to use innovative techniques in solving business problems. This is a great opportunity for an experienced IT professional to join a strong, collaborative team and apply technical expertise in a role with leadership and advancement opportunities. The individual will be responsible for leading the UI and back-end development as well as designing a robust system that interacts effectively with other internal systems and external vendors.
This position requires a high level of collaboration and interaction with our other technology partners across the department, and an ability to deliver in a fast paced and evolving environment. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization. Excellent communication and delivery skills are required.
- Work closely with business users to understand their challenges and design user-friendly, performance optimized technical solutions
- Serve as technical lead for a team of 2-3 developers, providing them with technical guidance and mentorship.
- Design, prototype and author code for software components and applications based on functional specification and optimize them for performance using multiple languages like Java/Python/Matlab
- Design/build/support cloud infrastructure components such as servers, databases, and file systems.
- Ensure the adherence to established development best practices such as code quality, continuous integration, code reviews, and service management processes.
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Must have experience working the investment management industry
- Must have a passion for programming and building great technology to improve the investment process
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, build innovative solutions to complex problems, and strong work ethic
- 7++ years of experience as a software developer supporting rapid paced delivery using multiple languages, with at least one of the following: Java, Python, or Matlab
- Experience with Amazon Web Services technologies like CloudFormation, Lambda, and EC2 or equivalent cloud technology platform (GCP, Azure)
- Strong relational database experience working with Oracle, MySQL, Postgres or equivalent technology
- Strong software development skills using object oriented and functional designs to build fault-tolerant, production-ready systems
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
Senior Software Engineer LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .