At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.
What you will be responsible for: The Senior Security Engineer is a senior technical resource in Information Security and is responsible for the implementation and effective and efficient maintenance of related technologies. Additionally, this individual has advanced and broad knowledge of Information Technology at large, with an understanding of related disciplines and how they interoperate. The Senior Security Engineer is responsible for leading analysis, design, implementation, execution and troubleshooting efforts.
- Serves as senior subject matter expert in the field of Information Security, maintaining a strong understanding of the field, its practices and controls, and its related technologies. Stays abreast of current technologies, threats, vulnerabilities and exposures.
- Provides technical support to ensure the ongoing efficient and reliable operations of related MFS security solutions and controls supporting business products and services.
- Proactively develops and maintains strong knowledge of MFS security solutions, controls, and processes. Makes recommendations to improve the reliability, scalability, performance, or security of these solutions as well as improvements to increase effectiveness of controls.
- Leverages technology to automate manual tasks, and seeks to improve efficiency wherever practicable and appropriate. Assesses, recommendation and implements security process improvements.
- Develops, enforces and maintains MFS Information Security controls, procedures, and standards. Works closely with Information Technology and business units to take a risk-based approach that security controls are properly implemented across the environment, both during design and after deployment.
- Leads security risk assessments and due diligence efforts to methodically analyze MFS technology, solutions and processes, identifying risks from both a technical and business perspective, and recommending mitigation strategies to mitigate those risks to an acceptable level.
- MFS' job descriptions reflect management's assignment of essential functions, which may be subject to change at any time due to constantly changing business needs.
- Receives broad goals and overall performance and project objectives from Management and assists in establishing and implementing the methods to attain them.
- Accountable for meeting assigned performance and project objectives including timelines and budgeting. Works on the most complex projects, provides innovative suggestions for solutions and executes plans.
- Serve as senior-level mentor to other members of the team.
- Collaborates with other IT and business groups, readily sharing information.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related technical field.
- CISSP preferred.
- Seven or more years of related Information Technology experience with three or more (3+) years of Information Security-specific experience.
- Strong subject matter expertise in the field, with familiarity with other related security technologies, controls and processes.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, writing, and organizational skills; ability to work effectively under pressure; prioritizes and manages multiple complex tasks, activities and projects.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrates solid financial skills, strategic and tactical planning.
- Demonstrated ability to interact, communicate, build relationships, and negotiate well with members of team and senior management including delivering effective presentations.
- Proven ability to manage projects efficiently and effectively and to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities as circumstances warrant.
What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.