Senior Research Analyst - Healthcare
At Columbia Threadneedle Investments, the global asset management subsidiary of Ameriprise Financial, we are building a world class research team. Research intensity is our foundational principal. We do independent, forward-looking research in order to anticipate change. We develop our own view of TAMs, growth drivers, moats, and competitive positioning. We pick stocks based upon provable, repeatable process. We actively engage with our portfolio managers, our clients, the companies, and industry contacts. Responsibilities
- Passion for investing: This person brings new ideas, broad perspective, and high energy to the research team to enhance our firm's intellectual capital.
- Super curious: This person wonders -- who, what, where, when and why, and wants to figure it all out. This person loves learning.
- Independent thinker: This person is comfortable doing their own research, developing their own forecasts, and coming to their own conclusions without relying upon sell-side or stock price action. This person is comfortable recommending both a consensus and a non-consensus stock.
- Self-starter / competitive / drive to win: There is lots to do. This person is motivated for and excited about the work.
- Open minded: This person is capable of recognizing if there has been a thesis violation (assumptions proved not to be correct, analytical framework no longer valid, etc.), admitting it and moving on.
- Methodical / Process-driven: This person is methodical in going about their work and embraces a consistent process to pick stocks.
- Top-notch communication skills: We impact portfolios by expressing our ideas verbally and in written notes and slide decks. This person is a good teacher and communicator of their ideas.
- Proficient at modeling: We do our own models. This person is comfortable building, updating, and using models as part of their investment process.
- Team Player / Collaborative: We work with our colleagues across the firm consistently - portfolio managers, equity, fixed income, data science, responsible investment, sales, marketing. This person enjoys collaborating as part of a team.
- 7+ years of investment research experience, with multiple years analyzing Healthcare
- Demonstrated experience of developing market sizes, identifying new growth drivers, and performing strategic analysis of companies and industries
- Presentation and communication skills
- Up-to-date Excel and modeling skills
- Easily explained, repeatable process which can be back-tested to create consistent alpha generation
About Our Company
- Expertise in Medical Devices or Managed Care/Healthcare Services
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.