We are seeking a Senior Quantitative Analyst for a new position within our ESG research team. The successful applicant will possess a strong track-record in economic and statistical modelling with a passion for sustainability investing. The individual will be expected to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and demonstrate ambition, teamwork skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities. This is a Boston MA based role, reporting into the Director of Responsible Investing.
What You’ll Do:
The job will consist of conducting quantitative analysis and thought leadership by working with the client teams and Portfolio Construction Group to develop ESG investment solutions. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Work with clients to develop new ESG product ideas and bring these ideas to market.
- Conduct empirical ESG alpha and risk research, including running portfolio simulations for clients.
- In collaboration with other portfolio managers, report on ESG performance and positioning to internal and external audiences using Acadian’s proprietary oversight and management tools.
- Write concise, clear answers to clients’ and prospects’ ESG questions, based on knowledge of Acadian’s portfolios and processes and pertinent new research.
- Participate in meetings with clients, consultants, and prospects to communicate and explain Acadian’s investment process and to review the ESG performance and positioning of Acadian portfolios.
- Support the Director of Responsible Investing and members of the ESG team in aspects of research, oversight, and preparation of external communications, presentations and materials.
- Interact with the Portfolio Construction Group on behalf of the ESG team.
We’re Looking for Teammates With:
- Strong academic record with an advanced degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, econometrics, computer science, or a similar discipline is required.
- 5-7 years’ prior work experience in a front office quantitative equities research/portfolio management role (e.g., asset manager, investment bank), with a strong understanding of ESG investing applied in a quantitative environment.
- Demonstrated experience of portfolio construction and optimization techniques (e.g. using Axioma, CVXOPT).
- Deep experience within ESG related research and datasets (e.g. MSCI, S&P Trucost), and preferably knowledge of climate risk scenarios and models.
- Hands-on experience parsing, processing, and analyzing large unstructured datasets and methods for working with large data and tools for data analysis (SQL, git, JIRA).
- Strong Python skills using libraries for statistics (statsmodels, scikit-learn, scipy, numpy, pandas, matplotlib), and machine learning (e.g. Tensorflow, Pytorch).
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial individual with the ambition to succeed in and work collaboratively in an environment that demands multi-tasking and liaison across regional offices and time-zones.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and methodical approach to work, with an ability to organize and prioritize heavy workloads.
- Ability to work with others and resourcefulness in navigating an organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
Why Work Here:
Acadian is a quantitative investment firm where ideas are empowered by technology. Our team is made up of a diverse mix of professionals who thrive in a culture that fosters ingenuity through collaboration and transparency. We offer a casual office environment, top-notch benefits, and excellent professional and personal development opportunities.
To apply for this position or view Acadian’s open roles, please visit the Careers section of our website at: http://www.acadian-asset.com/careers/Job-opportunities. We will contact only selected candidates. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Acadian Asset Management LLC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, or sexual orientation.