Senior Quantitative Analyst
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
- 12 Oct 18
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we're not just in the business of managing our clients' finances - we also help our advi
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we're not just in the business of managing our clients' finances - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential, too. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.
The Quantitative Strategies Group at Columbia Threadneedle Investments manages approximately $21 billion in domestic and international quantitative equity mandates. The team is seeking a quantitative analyst responsible for maintaining and improving existing stock selection models as well as developing new ones. The individual will conduct equity model and portfolio research across market-capitalization and style ranges and to make factor inclusion decisions based on sound quantitative analysis and fundamental rationale. In addition, the analyst will contribute to research on systematic portfolio construction. The position provides opportunities to collaborate with fundamental research analysts and portfolio managers at Columbia Threadneedle to exchange ideas and communicate insights. This person will also maintain and update production infrastructure as needed.
- Research and develop new and improve existing methods for alpha signal discovery and multifactor model construction.
- Lead independent research projects by generating investment ideas, working with large sets of data, performing rigorous analysis, drawing conclusions and making actionable recommendations.
- Provide support for portfolio management activities including investigating the quality of signal inputs, risk characteristics, portfolio construction, and performance attribution.
- Contribute to maintenance and improvement of research and production infrastructure.
- Communicate research updates, model performance, and market commentary to the rest of the firm.
- Articulate quantitative research efforts to clients and prospects.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative or finance related field required
- A minimum of 7 years' experience in quantitative investment research
- In-depth knowledge of commonly used financial datasets and insights into their characteristics
- Genuine depth in mathematics, statistics and econometrics
- Demonstrated proficiency in one or more numerical and statistical tools needed to conduct research
- Extensive programming experience - knowledge of R, Python, Java, SQL or similar
- An aptitude for innovative, critical and analytical thinking
- Strong organization skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to communicate technical ideas effectively
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness, and a cooperative can-do attitude
CFA designation or progress towards