Senior Product Manager, Global Asset Allocation
As a senior product manager, your primary role within the Global Asset Allocation Product Management Group is to ensure that individual product strengths are well-articulated in the marketplace. A senior product manager provides timely insights on portfolio positioning and competitive advantages in support of the sales process. The Product Manager is also responsible for sharing relevant market intelligence to the investment and product development teams to ensure our product set remains competitively positioned. To be most successful in the role, a senior product manager will develop strong partnerships amongst the Institutional and Intermediary Distribution teams in an effort to most effectively support the sales process and provide relevant information related to covered strategies. Responsibilities
• Act as product owner for a subset of the Global Asset Allocation product line, leading product advocacy efforts to drive sales.
• Conduct research to understand the marketplace, competitors, and advisor/client needs to develop effective strategies to highlight and capitalize on competitive advantages.
• Represent strategies to the sales organization, financial advisors and clients through the development of written materials and delivery of messages and presentations.
• Partner with Client Portfolio Managers and Investment Teams in representing strategies to prospects and clients, bringing both product and investment expertise.
• Set performance expectations for products and assess performance results versus expectations, benchmarks, and peers. Evaluate and recommend product changes where appropriate.
• Work with the marketing group to develop marketing collateral including presentations, RFP/database content, and other relevant materials required to describe and position assigned strategies and teams.
• Perform other duties as required, which may include activities such as supporting new product development activities, providing input into other product team projects and initiatives, and contribute to Thought Leadership pieces. Required Qualifications
• College degree.
• Series 7 (or SIE and Series 7 top off exam) and 66 (or 63 & 65 combined) or the ability to obtain within a defined period of time.
• Previous experience working with financial advisors and/or Institutional investors.
• A solid understanding of asset management industry, model portfolios, investment terms and concepts.
• Ability to collaborate with, influence and lead across the organization to drive results.
• Strong problem-solving skills using data to identify trends, challenges and solutions. About Our Company
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.