Senior Product Manager, Global Asset Allocation
Primary role within the Global Asset Allocation Product Management Group is to ensure that our individual product strengths are well-articulated in the marketplace to successfully capture net flows. The Product Manager is expected to provide timely insights on portfolio positioning and competitive advantage in support of the sales process. The Product Manager is also responsible for feeding back competitive market intelligence to the investment and product development teams to ensure our product set remains competitively positioned. The scope of the Product Manager role is supporting investment strategies delivered into the North America market in partnership with both the Institutional and Intermediary Distribution teams. Responsibilities
• Act as product owner for a subset of the Global Asset Allocation and Alternatives product line, leading product advocacy efforts to drive market share gains. Conduct research and analysis to understand the marketplace, competitors, and advisor/client needs and develop effective strategies to highlight and capitalize on competitive advantages. Represent strategies to the sales organization and the mutual fund boards through the development of written materials and delivery of messages through multiple media.
• Partner with Client Portfolio Managers and the Investment Teams in representing strategies to prospects and clients, bringing product expertise and investment acumen. Set performance expectations for products and assess performance results versus expectations, benchmarks, and peers. Evaluate and recommend product changes.
• Work with the marketing group, develop marketing collateral including presentations, RFP/database content, and other relevant materials required to describe and position assigned strategies and teams.
• Perform other duties as required, which may include activities such as supporting new product development activities, providing input into other product team projects and initiatives, and contribute to Thought Leadership pieces. Required Qualifications
• Bachelors degree.
• Previous relevant experience working with financial advisors and/or Institutional investors.
• A solid understanding of investment terms and concepts.
• Ability to influence and collaborate with or lead across the organization and at all levels to drive results.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills using data to identify trends and issues and potential ways to solve the issue.
• Series 7 (or SIE and Series 7 top off exam) and 66 (or 63 & 65 combined) or the ability to obtain within a defined period of time. Preferred Qualifications
• Experience with assigned product including understanding of compliance rules and regulations for product and industry.
• Project management experience.