Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
The Fund Controller will oversee several centralized tasks and functions for Wellington's Private Equity Funds and will play a key role in the quarterly Financial Statement/NAV process, annual audits, the monitoring of capital calls and distributions and assisting with investor requests. This role requires frequent collaboration with other Wellington teams and external service providers (e.g., Fund Administrators, Custodians, Investor Services, Auditors).
- Perform a variety of daily/weekly/monthly centralized activities, such as reconciliations, cash and investment activity monitoring, and responding to internal and external queries
- Assist with the funds' day-to-day operations, including:
- Execution of capitals calls and distributions, facilitating internal and external communications throughout these processes
- Payment of fund fees and expenses
- Coordination of deal funding
- Assist with the quarterly NAV and financial statement process for assigned funds, reviewing work prepared by our third-party administrator, including:
- Complex private portfolio company transactions and application of manager-provided prices
- Fee (management and carried interest) calculations
- Gross and net IRR calculations
- Ensuring accounting and presentation is consistent with U.S. GAAP and Limited Partnership Agreements
- Assist annual audit process for assigned funds, reviewing financial statements prepared by our third-party administrator and coordinating auditors
- Assist Business, Investor Relations, and Compliance teams, among others, providing information and data to respond to queries and performing ad hoc analyses based on the funds' or investors' activity
- Support projects associated with the funds, Wellington's operational and systems infrastructure, and service providers
- Develop and foster relationships with Wellington's centralized teams and external service providers
- College undergraduate degree, preferably in accounting, finance, or business
- 2+ years' experience from a public accounting firm, alternative investment asset manager, or fund administrator
- PE experience is preferred but not required
- Very strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- A natural curiosity and desire to expand one's knowledge and role
- A proactive nature in developing and improving processes
- Advanced MS Excel and MS Access skills and desire to continue developing IT skills
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- A client service mindset and strong communication skills
- Progress towards a CPA, CFA, or MBA is a plus
- Motivated work ethic and ambition to expand one's knowledge, impact, and role
- A proactive nature in developing and improving processes, identifying opportunities for efficiency and or risk reduction
- Natural curiosity and ability to problem-solve, including researching technical accounting topics
- Acute attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities
- Inclination to leverage and embrace technology to aid in operations
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .