Senior Portfolio Analyst
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we're fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we're better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We're se eking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on. How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
This role is responsible for selecting, evaluating and monitoring external investment managers (subadvisers) who themselves manage actual investment portfolios and/or funds. Key position on the Investment Research and Analysis team for a '40-Act Adviser manager-of-managers group reporting to an outside Funds Board. Position will oversee multiple asset classes and managers, including quantitative multi-asset targeted volatility funds. Key Responsibilities:
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills: Required
- Provide quantitative, qualitative and peer group analysis along with timely updates of assigned portfolios which include equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and managed volatility options
- Supports in the evaluation of investment management firms via off-site due-diligence trips.
- Utilize investment related software to aid in the evaluation of managers and in the formulation of recommendations and analysis
- Run and analyze performance attribution analysis for assigned portfolios and document findings in written reports
- Support the coordination, preparation, and timely delivery of Board materials
- Support sales and service activities for internal wholesalers and third-party intermediaries
- Work with investment marketing to ensure prompt and accurate performance and other investment related communications for advisor, consultant and wholesaler requests
- Support the review and proof-reading process of product and trust prospectuses for the November and May update windows, as well as other required financial statements (shareholder reports)
- Effectively communicate and promote our investment philosophy to clients, consultants and internal constituents
- Oversee special requests as necessary; occasional travel (10-20%)
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of relevant investment experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of various investment managers / fund complexes, products and styles across all asset classes.
- Mature self-starter and detail-oriented team player with excellent research, communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Independent thinker who can formulate and articulate original ideas and efficiently research various investment-related topics.
- Strong presentation and writing skills.
- Series 6, 7 or the ability to obtain within 90 days.
- CFA/CIMA/CAIA/FRM or interest towards one.
- Proficiency with investment analytics such as Bloomberg, Morningstar Direct, and Lipper as well as the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously and under deadline.
- MBA or Master's Degree, especially with significant coursework in finance or related discipline a plus.
- Expert user of Microsoft Excel. Demonstrated ability to illustrate data visually using appropriate charts, graphs and tables. VBA experience a plus.
- Knowledge of insurance business dynamics, especially within variable annuities, is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with different stakeholders internally and externally.