Senior Operations Associate
Core Operations - Senior Associate Boston, Massachusetts/en-US/Global/job/Boston-Massachusetts/Core-Operations---Senior-Associate_R-634672-1/apply
Work in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other Shared Services/COEs, outsource partners, Client Operations, other business units and external clients as needed to ensure seamless processing according to the funds policies, to ensure NAV/yield accuracy and that all SLAs are met.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of a functional/oversight team by monitoring, reviewing and validating all daily activity to ensure accuracy and timeliness in calculations and processing, as well as adherence to controls, e.g. ensuring accurate g/l and/or balance for daily pricing
- Provide timely accurate management reporting and issue log maintenance, under moderate supervision
- Research and resolve exceptions and issues
- Escalate unresolved issues to management as required
- Reconcile and resolve discrepancies with other Shared Service teams, external clients and Client Operations as needed
- Ensure all inquiries are resolved in a timely and accurate manner and communicates effectively with client when necessary
- Ensure appropriate records of daily and monthly activities are kept
- Coordinate effective and timely flow of critical information to all relevant parties and follows up on administrative details within the department
- Oversee the adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain knowledge of current alternative procedures and processes
- Assist with workflow management and technology enhancement, make suggestions to streamline operations
- Document any updates or changes to formal procedures, databases, etc.
- Participate in projects as well as prepare and verify information for those various projects/special requests as directed
- Train, develop and motivate new staff and complete performance appraisals
- Provide staffing recommendations by interviewing new personnel
- Coordinate and supervise work efforts when multiple Associates are needed to complete work
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff, participate in individual on-going training and development
- Has accountability and responsibility for completing and delivering PPRs on time
- Make effective recommendations to hire, discipline, control work and terminate employment
- Make effective recommendations for promotions, salary increases and bonuses.
- During the course of normal day to day operations, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Perform duties of Associates if required, perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skill Sets:
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and possess strong problem solving and resolution skills.
- Good understanding of financial services and investment products.
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on service.
- Strong PC skills, specifically Excel skills (Intermediate)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and industry deadlines.
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, high volume atmosphere.
Education & Experience Requirement:
- Bachelors Degree in Commerce / Economics with a specialization in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years of related Custody and/or Fund Accounting experience.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Solid understanding of operational functions within Custody and/or Fund Accounting. Ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and working knowledge of various software applications.
Posted TodayFull timeR-634672
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. Its also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. Youll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our .