At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. What you will be responsible for:
Using discretion and judgment, coordinates the workflow within the Risk and Regulatory Oversight Division. Assists management with trend analysis, reporting, monitoring, policy and regulatory compliance and improvement recommendations for attaining departmental goals. Also may assist with or perform system analysis and testing, vendor management oversight, and prospectus and regulatory monitoring. RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Reviews and analyzes reports and operational documentation for accuracy and compliance with MFS policies and procedures.
- Ensures timely updates and/posting of analytical results and reports to relevant systems.
- Prepares daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports to satisfy departmental objectives.
- Interacts with own department as well as others to facilitate resolution of questions and concerns.
- Communicates with internal business partners, clients and / or service providers by notifying and clarifying instructions or resolving processing problems.
- Provides feedback to Manager regarding current and potential issues affecting department.
- Identifies and facilitates implementation of workflow improvements. Participates in special projects related to department goals as requested.
- Assists in cross-training initiatives to assist overall department objectives.
- Maintains awareness of changes to MFSC policy and/or regulatory requirements. Develops and maintains departmental procedures accordingly.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent training.
- Minimum 4 years related mutual fund experience.
- Expertise in the following software applications may be required: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Power Select.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to achieve results both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to interact with individuals at all organizational levels.
#LI-HYBRID What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.