The Collateralized Debt Obligation Group (CDO) is a division within U.S. Bank Global Corporate Trust Services. CDOs are structured finance vehicles that issue both debt and equity liabilities, with the proceeds being used to buy a portfolio of collateral. Typical types of collateral include syndicated bank loans, corporate bonds, asset-backed securities (ABS), mortgage-backed securities (MBS), and Mezzanine debt. Responsibilities include: reads and interprets CDO indentures with regard to reporting requirements; creates technical report specifications from indenture language; performs portfolio compliance tests on a selection of structured fixed income deals (trade testing); compiles monthly and quarterly investor reports; interacts with asset managers, investors, auditors and rating agencies; interprets the reporting sections of the governing deal documents; assists with the modeling of calculations onto a variety of in-house systems.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics or accounting, or equivalent work experience
- One to two years of relevant work experience
- Basic understanding of syndicated bank loans, fixed income securities, securitization, trading or mutual funds
- Ability to identify and resolve exceptions and to interpret data
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet established deadlines in a dynamic working environment with minimal supervision
- Proficient computer navigation skills using a variety of software packages including Microsoft Office applications