Senior Manager, Trading Compliance
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
The Senior Manager of Trading Compliance is responsible for verifying that MFS' global trading activities comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and reflect industry best practices. Responsibilities include developing policies and procedures for trading and trade operations (i.e., cross trading, trade aggregation and allocation, best execution, broker/venue selection, commission arrangements, soft dollars, trade error identification/resolution, ratings changes, trade and transaction reporting, and derivatives trading compliance). In addition, you will monitor adherence to those policies and procedures, educate relevant personal on their requirements and report on their successful implementation to senior management and MFS' boards of directors and trustees. Principal Responsibilities:
- Works in collaboration with MFS' Director of Global Trading to ensure that MFS establishes, maintains and implements compliance policies and procedures remain appropriate to MFS' trading activities and reflective of industry best practices, regulatory requirements/expectations, and emerging risk.
- Keep current with evolving marketplace dynamics, brokerage arrangements, trading patterns and approaches, and global regulatory requirements.
- Provide direction and support for MFS' trading desk and portfolio managers to ensure that MFS' trading policies and procedures are understood and implemented effectively.
- Set priorities, in conjunction with the Chief Compliance Officer, for compliance initiatives, programs and actions, etc. Ensure that these priorities are incorporated into global compliance programs.
- Develop and deliver education curricula for MFS' trading personnel based on MFS' needs. Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners, industry peers, trade associations. Interact and communicate frequently with MFS' investment professionals and other senior management across MFS to understand business needs and opportunities, to assess and articulate regulatory risks associated with existing and/or new trading activities, and to provide a framework to enable well informed business decisions relative to regulatory risks.
- Manage areas of responsibility in line with MFS' financial plan goals and objectives. Continually seek and implement new opportunities for improvement and enhancement.
- Assume additional responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years experience within trading, preferably trading compliance. Strong understanding of fixed income and equity investment trading functions (buy side or sell side), and related rules, regulations and compliance requirements is required. Experience with MiFID II legislation is a plus.
- Proficient in the use of trading and market data systems, including the use OMS, EMS, electronic trading venues and algorithms. Familiarity with Charles River is a plus.
- Ability to partner with investment team to successfully review and provide decisions for potential conflicts of interest regarding compliance with firm-wide policies and applicable laws.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, team-working and problem-solving skills. Must be able to write effectively, and present research, analysis and conclusions in a persuasive manner. Must be polished, professional, mature, well-mannered and well-spoken.
- Proven analytical skills. Make independent decisions, develop creative solutions to problems, advocate for same and manage the implementation through to acceptance.
- Able to manage the delivery of projects while ensuring the cooperation and success of cross-functional teams, with both domestic and international team members. Must effectively drive solutions throughout the organization and present ideas in an effective, non-confrontational manner. Escalate issues, advocate for solutions and ensure implementation of same.
- Excellent presentation skills are required. Must be able to present comfortably before groups and to educate and persuade audience during these presentations.
- Represent MFS at meetings, conferences or related industry events. May appear before regulators as an advocate of MFS' position. Participate directly with regulators during examinations.
- Periodic travel may be required.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."